Originally Posted By: Guitarhacker
Noel, this sounds really good. Nice pianos. The piano has a mellow acoustic sound that to me is exactly what I like to hear in a piano.

Your vocal sounds good. I thought I was hearing tuning artifacts throughout the vocal track.

Nice job on the composition and writing of the melody and lyrics.

Yep... I enjoyed it.... in fact, it's on the second time through. Thumbs up! Well done.

Hi Herb,

Thanks for taking time to have a listen. Appreciate it. Thanks for the comments, too. It's always good to know how others hear a song.

In relation to the piano, I decided to mix two different synths because I was trying to get a rounded mellow sound (PG Music HiQ piano) with a hint of brightness (Dimension Pro upright piano).

Also, with the vocals I didn't tune too many notes and those that were a bit off were around the vicinity. I suspect what might be happening is due to a combination of settings I had in Nectar 2. While working on 'This Road', I watched a Youtube clip on using Nectar's parallel compression and FX settings. I thought I'd try those settings. (I ended up using a small amount of Chorus as the FX.) Just in case it's of interest, the images below show those settings.

Regards,
Noel

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
This Road - FX (next 2).JPG (34.98 KB, 42 downloads)

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024