Originally Posted By: Rich59
Thank you for your responses.The plugin worked but it sounded pretty bad. Converted the file through the acw but did not know what to do next. I already have a backing track of my own but I need to record an additional acoustic track to match the recording especially at the beginning. When I imported that BIAB file I get no drums and an access code violation 00406317. Any thoughts?

If you already have a backing track of your own, what format is it in?
A wav file, an MP3, a BiaB file or ?

If any of the above, you should be able to use File-Open and once imported, select the next blank track, make it an Audio track, and click Record to add an acoustic guitar.

I'm not sure where the vocal remover comes into play here.
Do you need to add a guitar, or replace a vocal(as the original post mentioned)?
If you tried opening a BiaB file and got the above error; which version of RB are you using?
(click Help-About RB to see)

I've used the vocal remover with limited success; you will hear artifacts and certain frequency changes, but you can also improve these a bit 'after-the-fact'. Not ideal, but maybe good enough for the end need.

In my experience, good enough for my daughter to share with friends, but not for a CD..
However, I'm still confused on the need to use it; do you have a BiaB file or an audio file?

/edit
Just saw your response from support; hopefully you find joy and can start having fun again.

Last edited by rharv; 04/13/17 02:45 PM.

Make your sound your own!
.. I do not work here, but the benefits are still awesome