Beachboy,

Thanks for the reply. Your explanation helps me understand how Band-in-a-Box might be used in this instance. I hope your assumption is correct and that Morten Magni will confirm you are correct.

The use of multiple choruses is confusing in a Band-in-a-Box song project. Band-in-a-Box plays a song project unfolded but displays and prints a song folded. Consider a song project using the default settings of bar 1 to start, bar 32 to end and 3 choruses.

Band-in-a-Box plays a song from start to finish; in other words BiaB plays the default song settings sequentially from bar 1 to bar 96 as though the song is unfolded into one big chorus. So a tempo setting applied to bars 5 to 8 are not repeated at bars 37 to 41 and bars 71 to 76 as you might suspect.

Folded choruses work best as display and print tools where each chorus is assumed to be the same as the rest of the choruses.

Now what I've said above is a VERY broad generalization. There are exceptions. Preferences has numerous selections that change how BiaB works with choruses on a global scale and song settings can also modify program behavior on a song-by-song basis.

I hope this helps!

Jim Fogle - 2024 BiaB (1111) RB (5) Ultra+ PAK
DAWs: Cakewalk by BandLab (CbB) - Standalone: Zoom MRS-8
Laptop: i3 Win 10, 8GB ram 500GB HDD
Desktop: i7 Win 11, 12GB ram 256GB SSD, 4 TB HDD
Music at: https://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home