Dear "tommyad"...

The experience of listening to your song, "Right Through Her Heart", validates a theory I've developed slowly over years of songwriting: the most emotionally moving songs are the result of the composer/lyricist's attempt to come to terms with very personal, unresolved internal conflicts, of the mind and also of the heart.

Somewhere I read something that a famous "bluesman" said, which is that the "blues" comes out of you after the crisis that caused them has passed, which makes sense to me because it would be pretty darn difficult to write the notes and lyrics of a song while your eyes are blurred with tears! smile

To your statement, "Sorry, don't mean to bring anyone down," I would only offer that at their best, songwriters can be purveyors of deep insight and sowers of inner peace. It's because their ability to interpret pain and sorrow through the medium of music has the very beneficial effect of universalizing the composer's feelings so that everyone who's gone through the same experience and who listens to the "sad" song can have their own wounded feelings validated, which for most of us brings relief.

For those reasons, and others that I find too difficult to articulate, I believe "Right Through Her Heart" could be as uplifting as it could be a "downer" for anyone who could relate to it personally.

Sincerely,

"bluage" (a.k.a. Loren)

"Music is what feelings sound like."-- borrowed from a Cakewalk Music Creator forum member, "Mamabear".