Good questions, 2b. I don’t know why these reasonable questions in this form would have offended anyone (hope I wasn’t the one!).

I don’t think it matters about man versus machine because we do know that several of the programmers are also fine musicians, Dr. Gannon included.

I can’t reveal what goes on in beta testing but I think it may be ok to say that we do not review all the new RealTracks before public release. Perhaps that’s something to reconsider. However, it boils down to distribution: there are HUGE files involved, with many releases to test over a short time, and RealTracks are large files to download.

Many of the beta testers do not relax upon the public release, though. We get the full new versions when you do, but we keep testing. We report the occasional problem with a RealTrack to the developers, and PG Music issues a reasonably timely patch.

I hope that gives you your general idea.

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors