Originally Posted By: musiclover
With a few exceptions I feel there is little money to be made from music, for most of us it is a hobby.

Yep....I've felt that way for a couple decades and have had no desire to meet the protocols necessary to embark upon that demanding, unpredictable path.
One would have to write in the genre that's popular, pay some dues with rejection/disappointment/perseverance and get connected to the industry in other ways.

I do get encouragement from about (4) long time musician friends that actually like my songs but I never get song writing encouragement/commentary or interest from my wife....never have.
If she were asked she'd say she likes my efforts but I'm sure she's just being polite. smile
She's just uninterested.

As stated above song writing (along with many other creative interests) is a lonely sport.
The way see it no one owes me any comments, encouragement or validation.
But....if someone does generously give a listen and comment....I'm damn grateful and would thank them graciously.

What we do as writers/composers is not for frail egos if we decide to promote ourselves and offer them up for comments/scrutiny on the internet.

We just have to be comfortable with what we do.
So...I would just 'encrourage' all of us to keep writing and strive to improve according to our personal expectations.

A good weekend to all.....

Last edited by chulaivet1966; 08/19/17 03:07 AM.