Dear "jannesan"...

In my entire life, I've never heard any type of music that did not arouse my interest, or my appreciation, in some small, or large way. Music is a universal phenomenon, so, what's not to like???

I would take exception to your own use of the word "strange" to describe "Olen sulle ilmaa (I am air to you)". "Strange" has too many possibly negative associations attached to it that could give a listener the opportunity to find reasons to treat your song as something other than what it is -- music, nothing more, and nothing less. In its place, let's substitute a more complementary word, "unique". It's much more affirmative of what's different about the sound, the feel, and the impact of your song.

"Olen sulle ilmaa (I am air to you)" fascinated me simply, and precisely, because it was created out of diverse musical genres. Again, music is music, so no matter what ethnic musical influences shaped your song, the experience of listening to it is exhilarating just because of those myriad influences.

The unusual chord changes, the abrupt transitions of tempo, the ritualistic, incantational sound and style of Ms. Mira's vocal performance (as though she was casting a spell!) -- it's like you created an entirely new musical scale for your song where astrological signs replaced the typical musical notation. The choral arrangement is dramatic and mysterious in its effects.

The imaginative lyrics quite literally describe a personality so powerful as to possess the ability to "conquer every corner", "suck all my energy", and "repress without me noticing", to drain a room of its "oxygen, light and its rays", that "darkens the stars and the moon" and "withers the tree of life." They complement the shape-shifting mood and feel of the song. It's as though you're describing a sort of vampire.

At its most experimental, this what is music composition is about -- blending old and new, ancient and contemporary, the past and the present, to jar the listeners' ears, titillate their minds, and shake-up their souls.

"Olen sulle ilmaa (I am air to you)" is a heady, magical stuff. It's like music from another reality in another, possibly hidden corner of the Earth (like, Finland, perhaps? blush) , and that makes it absolutely unforgettable.

LOREN

Last edited by bluage; 08/25/17 06:48 PM.

"Music is what feelings sound like."-- borrowed from a Cakewalk Music Creator forum member, "Mamabear".