I mentioned this as part of another thread on Nashville numbers on the Power Tracks wish list but it probably belongs here.....

"Nashville numbers" are great and I'm learning to play from them as my musical skills advance, but I think it would be great if similar concepts could be incorporated into BIAB even further.

Given that there is a long history of music and music education, such as solfege, Kodaly method and shape note singing, that is interval based for both ear training and sight singing rather than being based soley on standard notation, I think this could be of general interest.

The ability to assign, display and print melody notes by number and not just the chords ( per the Nashville number system ) might be a valuable enhancement. There is a program "Tabledit" that will take a melody line and add the note numbers above the staff if one chooses. However it doesn't transform the chords on a sheet to their numeric equivalent on the same sheet.

My user name is Astrummer mainly because that is the way that I primarily play guitar. But one of my "ultimate" goals is to get to chord-melody by ear. The tools in BIAB have been helping me, I think that the additional feature I mentioned would help even more. Perhaps I'm not alone in this....

Anyone else see this as a potentially useful function and want to chime in?