I'm still kinda new to Real Band. I have the latest update of the version that came with my copy of BiaB 2017. My machine is a pretty fast laptop with 8 GB of RAM running Win7.

This is the first time I've ever tried loading BiaB format songs into Real Band. I was surprised to find that, with the first song I loaded, which had five instrument tracks -- all MIDI -- that it took about 20 minutes for the song to load completely. It loaded itself in stages, but the spinning cursor didn't stop until about 20 minutes had elapsed. I've also noticed that if I'm loading a song with fewer instruments, it doesn't take as long to load. A trio takes about 10 minutes.

I've been thinking about using RB in a live setting instead of BiaB, but having to wait 10 to 20 minutes between songs is unacceptable. I haven't tried it yet, but I'm wondering if I convert the tunes over to .wav files or another format, if this might speed up how long it takes to load the tunes. I'll give this a try next. And if other formats load more quickly, I guess I would like to know why?