Originally Posted By: JerryT
Frustrated! I love PowerTracks. I use it daily especially to edit midi files. I had been running an older version on my old PC with XP that crashed. So, on the advice of my musician friends, I bought a MAC - PowerTracks doesn’t work on Mac. So, I purchased a laptop with Windows 10 and upgraded PTs ; Windows 10 + PTs sucks. Did I say I love PowerTracks? BUT, can someone tell me if there’s a PowerTracks-like program available for use with my (expensive) Mac. Thanks

Yeah---I still use PTs to edit MIDI. Reaper is now my primary audio DAW but PowerTracks really does rule for quick and easy MIDI editing, especially GM. I did recently have to use a Reaper-PTs combination to edit a medley with more than 48-tracks limit of PTs but only used Reaper to write Type0 files for sections of the medley to reduce them to single tracks before dragging and dropping them back into PowerTracks. All of the detailed editing was still done in PTs because I'm not familiar/comfortable with Reaper's MIDI editing because it has been an evolving feature that I haven't been keeping up with. If someone here tells me that Reaper now does MIDI as quickly and conveniently as PowerTracks, I'll revisit the feature.

I'm using Win10 and PT2017 and it's running fine. What issues are you running into?

Last edited by Paj; 09/20/17 03:19 AM.