Johnny, you've seen me write that we all have to become computer nerds to work with this stuff. This is a perfect example.

Windows 101: Each system is different. Windows assigns the drive letters according to what is part of THAT SYSTEM ONLY. Just plug in a USB thumb drive and you'll suddenly see it pop up as whatever the next available drive letter is. Of course when you plug the drive into a different system it's assigned a different drive letter. Perfectly normal.

In my case the PG hard drive is J on my system because I have two other external drives connected through a powered USB hub. One time I disconnected one of those drives to plug into a friends computer and shut mine off. When I rebooted the PGM drive now showed as I. Why? Because the drive I disconnected was the "I" but I removed it so now the PG drive is I. Rather than reassigning it inside Biab I plugged my other drive back in and disconnected the PG drive and rebooted. Now that drive is I. Then I plugged in the PG drive and it was automatically assigned the next drive letter which is J.

Simple once you become the nerd that so many on these forums don't want to be. "Hey, all I want to is play music," blah, blah. How many times have we seen that around here?

Sorry to sound like your 6th grade teacher but you must understand how your computer works too.

Bob

Biab/RB latest build, Win 11 Pro, Ryzen 5 5600 G, 512 Gig SSD, 16 Gigs Ram, Steinberg UR22 MkII, Roland Sonic Cell, Kurzweil PC3, Hammond SK1, Korg PA3XPro, Garritan JABB, Hypercanvas, Sampletank 3, more.