To me, not so stunning.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/arts-and-entertainment/wp/2015/10/07/tom-petty-was-a-heroin-addict-in-the-90s-heres-why-hes-finally-talking-about-it/

This is so prevalent in the entertainment world. Not just music it's everywhere in "Hollywood", acting, music, TV shows, news anchors, everywhere.

Big stars like Prince and MJ surrounded themselves with rabid yes men who will say anything to protect their idol so all this BS comes out about how he treated his body like a temple, nobody ever saw him doing anything etc, etc. All BS.

At least Petty admitted it and we all know the recidivism rate for this, right? Anybody read the Carry Fisher autopsy tox screen results? She writes this book years ago telling all about it, becomes a hero, basks in the glory of coming clean. Right, all BS.

This has nothing to do with their influence, their writing, performances, all the joy they gave to their fans. No, this is my personal rant against the Hollywood hypocrisy about this. I'm using the word Hollywood generically. It could be New York, Nashville, anywhere. If you're not doing this stuff and partying hard as a player, actor or wannabe trying to get your foot in the door, you're out. I'm sure there's exceptions but basically, that's it. It's been that way for 100 years and it's still that way now.

I'm a big fan of music obviously and lots of movies and TV shows. Love them, great performances and entertainment value. BUT, I have no illusions about the personal lives of these people. Enjoy their art but don't waste any time reading or listening to interviews about anything and have zero interest in what they say personally. It's all pure 100%, finest grade BS.

Bob

Biab/RB latest build, Win 11 Pro, Ryzen 5 5600 G, 512 Gig SSD, 16 Gigs Ram, Steinberg UR22 MkII, Roland Sonic Cell, Kurzweil PC3, Hammond SK1, Korg PA3XPro, Garritan JABB, Hypercanvas, Sampletank 3, more.