I don't use BIAB to play live so I may be misunderstanding your request but I Fade in and Fade out songs with BIAB. I also lower instruments through, for want of a better word, automation and raise another instrument to play a solo when using BIAB.

One can automate volume changes up and down in the Bar settings (F5) on a per instrument basis or all instruments.

According to the style and also the effect you want as well as how many bars you want the instruments to either raise or lower in volume, you may have to play with the numbers a bit.

Here are the steps to a song I just tried the method on to do a Fade in from the beginning of a song. In this instance, the song is not completely faded out at Bar 1 but adding a 2 bar intro prior to Bar 1 would allow a complete fade in from no sound. To do a 4 Bar Fade In:

1. At Bar 1 - Click the All Instruments button/Change By -40 and OK out.
2. At Bar 2 - Click the All Instruments button/Louder per bar 8 and OK out.
3. At Bar 5 - Click the All Instruments button/Back to normal and OK out to stop and complete the fade in

Charlie

(EDIT) - I just read the other thread referenced above about an earlier request for Fade In and Dr. Gannon remarked it was a good idea. I may have discovered a 'hidden' feature of BIAB..... ;=)

Also want to note you can reverse this procedure to do a Fade out over the course of any number of bars you want.

Last edited by Charlie Fogle; 10/07/17 04:04 PM.

BIAB Ultra Pak+ 2024:RB 2024, Latest builds: Dell Optiplex 7040 Desktop; Windows-10-64 bit, Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz CPU and 16 GB Ram Memory.