Print Thread
Go To
#442287 12/03/17 05:24 AM
Band-in-a-Box for Windows
DEddy Offline OP
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
Ok now I'm confused about the (coming) New USB HD setup.

I know there are 4 options on setting BIAB. I think I want the New to install over the Old USB HD but how...I still want to run it from USB.

Which option do I choose, a Full install over the Old?

I have 30 GB left on the Old USB and the web site says 90 GB is required for a Full install on Drive C. This is where I'm confused. Do you think it will install properly??

On the flip side, maybe I should use the New USB HD and just reinstall the Extras I purchased. But... I lose all my settings & Fav listing.

Any advice / comments would be appreciated (before the New arrives.) Hope you can understand what I'm getting at.

Thanks for your time.

Win 10, 64 bit, love my Lenovo T420, BIAB 2019 (613), RB 2019 (2)

Short term memory is getting shorter.
Expert
Expert
Installing on drive C i'd never do .... f.i. in case of making a image backup of your boot partition this will increase time and size of that, as the size at least doubles, probably more. I use a separate 2 TB internal SATA3 drive for BIAB Audiophile and all the files and stuff for BIAB i collected over the years. And even that drive is getting too small ... The USB drive from PG i would keep as backup for an eventual re-installation. Alas if you use a laptop i can see your problem though. -F

DEddy Offline OP
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
Thanks for the tip(s).

Veteran
Veteran
DEddy,

My experience is that BIAB installs over the top of existing versions rather than install a new copy and then delete the old copy.

With this is mind, the 30 GB should be ok if the size of your existing \bb directory is around 80-90 GB.

Also, have a look at my comments in this thread. They address aspects of your question.

www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=442252#Post442253

Regards,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
DEddy Offline OP
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
Noel thanks for taking the time to comment.

DEddy Offline OP
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
Fiddler2007: thanks for the reminder about Win Image backup, I forgot about that. I do an Image every month (and it's slow enough on my "older" computer).

Veteran
Veteran
Remember, a lot of the files are still the same from previous versions, or even if updated, they have the same file name. So even if 2018 is larger than your older version, much of the content is the same and as such, won't take additional space. The install routines just copy files over from the BB folder on the external USB to wherever you specified in the setup routine. If the file already exists (it will just overwrite it with the newer file), and then add any new files, but not delete any older files that may not be present on the new version, so you don't lose anything.

I don't think the 202 new RT's is anywhere close to 30GB of data, so you should be fine if you want to install over the old version.

That being said, you can easily purchase 1 or 2TB drives for under $100. I keep my PGMusic provide USB's as backups (and probably going way too far back, but I'm nostalgic that way), and always install to a different medium (whether the internal hard drive or a separate external USB drive).

But to each his own.

John

Laptop-HP Omen I7 Win11Pro 32GB 2x2TB, 1x4TB SSD
Desktop-ASUS-I7 Win10Pro 32GB 2x1.5TB, 2x2TB, 1x4TB SATA

BB2024/UMC404HD/Casios/Cakewalk/Reaper/Studio One/MixBus/Notion/Finale/Dorico/Noteworthy/NI/Halion/IK

http://www.sus4chord.com
DEddy Offline OP
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
Thanks JFord.

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
User Video: Band-in-a-Box® + ChatGPT = Impressed the BOSS!

Since AI is now readily available online as a resource for many things, we recently put together and shared a video where we demonstrated how to create a song using Band-in-a-Box®, ChatGPT, and Synth V; we've also shared a Bob Doyle Media video, Convert MIDI Chords into AI Vocal Harmonies with ACE Studio and Band in A Box, showing how they utilize AI for their song projects. Now it's time to share Henry's video, Band-in-a-Box + ChatGPT = Impressed the BOSS!, where he demonstrates how to use ChatGPT and Band-in-a-Box to whip a song project together in only 3-4 hours.

Watch the video.

Visit Henry Clarke's YouTube Channel, Henry Clarke - Senior Musicians Unite, to find a large collection of tutorials showing the viewer how to achieve amazing results using Band-in-a-Box®!

Band-in-a-Box User Video Tutorials!

If you've reviewed our Support page, you've probably noticed the Videos page, which separates our Band-in-a-Box® tutorial videos by category: Overview, VST DAW Plugin, Setup, Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced, and there's even an Archive category to go down memory lane... (You'll also find these videos on our YouTube Channel.)

It's always great to hear how other Band-in-a-Box® users create their songs, especially when they explain in detail what they're doing. Like Henry Clarke's YouTube Channel, Henry Clarke - Senior Musicians Unite! There you'll find his ALL Band-in-a-Box Tutorials playlist with over 50 videos! His top-three most watched videos include "How to Get Started with Band-in-a-Box," "How I use the Audio Chord Wizard in Band-in-a-Box," and "How to Create An Effective Solo Using Band-in-a-Box" - however he touches on many other topics and also demonstrates his own Band-in-a-Box® songs in the Band-in-a-Box Created Songs playlist!

You're guaranteed to find some helpful videos when you visit Henry Clarke's channel!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Italian for Windows is Here!

Ci siamo dati da fare e abbiamo aggiunto oltre 50 nuove funzionalità e una straordinaria raccolta di nuovi contenuti, tra cui 222 RealTracks, nuovi RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, "Songs with Vocals" Artist Performance Sets, Playable RealTracks Set 3, Playable RealDrums Set 2, due nuovi set di "RealDrums Stems", XPro Styles PAK 6, Xtra Styles PAK 17 e altro ancora!

Tutti Pacchetti | Nuove Caratteristiche

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 French for Windows is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 apporte plus de 50 fonctions nouvelles ainsi qu'une importante de contenus nouveaux à savoir : 222 RealTracks, des RealStyles nouveaux, des SuperTracks MIDI, des Etudes d'Instruments, des Prestations d'Artistes, des "Morceaux avec Choeurs", un Set 3 de Tracks Jouables, un Set 2 de RealDrums Jouables, deux nouveaux Sets de "RealDrums Stems", des Styles XPro PAK 6, des Xtra Styles PAK 17 et bien plus encore!

Tous Packages | Nouvelles Fonctionnalités

Video: Making a Song with Band-in-a-Box®, ChatGPT, and Synth V

Take your Band-in-a-Box® project to a whole new level when you incorporate ChatGPT and Synth V to add lyrics and vocals to your song!

We wanted to demonstrate how this is done with our video, where we show you how to go from nothing to a finished "radio ready" modern pop song by combining the features of Band-in-a-Box®, ChatGPT, and Synth V!

Listen to the finished song, so you get a listen to the finished product: https://demos.pgmusic.com/misc/behindthefame.m4a

If you like it, watch the video. Either way, let's hear your comments!

Henry Clarke: Revolutionize Your Band-in-Box® Tracks with Regenerating Function

One of the new features added with Band-in-Box® 2024 is the Tracks Window, which will look familiar if you've worked with other DAWs.

Henry Clarke explains why he loves the Re-generation function within the Tracks Window in their video Revolutionize Your Band-in-Box® Tracks with Regenerating Function.

Watch video.

Learn even more about what the Tracks Window can do with our video Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Tracks Window.

User Video: Convert MIDI Chords into AI Vocal Harmonies with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box®

The Bob Doyle Media YouTube channel is known for demonstrating how you can creatively incorporate AI into your projects - from your song projects to avatar building to face swapping, and more!

His latest video, Convert MIDI Chords into AI Vocal Harmonies with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box, he explains in detail how you can use the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box with ACE Studio. Follow along as he goes from "nothing" to "something" with his Band-in-a-Box MIDI Melodist track, using ACE Studio to turn it into a vocal track (or tracks, you'll see) by adding lyrics for those notes that will trigger some amazing AI vocals!

Watch: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box

Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics81,879
Posts739,446
Members38,646
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
maxtern, 1Oleg1, Delta 8 Austin, cac24e81ef, heymovies shop
38,645 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 154
musocity 109
DC Ron 96
rsdean 90
dcuny 81
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.