Originally Posted By: Islansoul
So, what? Most of the audio industry uses Macs, and most plugins, DAWs, and virtual instruments cater to both OSs with the same features.

They also mostly run Pro Tools. What's your point?

From your comments you don't seem to get that while BIAB CAN be used as a DAW it is designed to CREATE music, and the DAW is just a convenience feature. I can't imagine a studio in the world using BIAB as their DAW of choice because most people buying time in those studios are doing so to record their music. "Most" of the audio industry doesn't use BIAB because the audio industry records people playing live.

The industry as it relates to film work also uses SMPTE striping. Does BIAB even do that? I never had reason to investigate.

So that logic of "the audio industry" has no weight on a forum as specific as this one. The users here do a very specific thing with the software supported here. Let's keep focus on what BIAB is and what we really discuss here. I can say that if I was able to code software I would not do it for Mac. The most recent stats I can find say that the Mac market share is 9.57%. Now, if you were going to produce a product, would you produce it for 10% of the buying public or 90%?

I am using the new 1040XTRAEZ form this year. It has just 2 lines.

1. How much did you make in 2023?
2. Send it to us.