Originally Posted By: Matt Finley
OK. I created a new song with one chord, loaded the _OAXACA style (love tacos in this style!) and played the song.

I hear a 4/4 count-in on bongo of 1,2, 1234. It fits correctly with the music to follow, assuming this is a 6/8 style where there are twelve eighth notes in a measure of 4/4, at a tempo of (quarter note =) 110.

I could live with it. Is that what you are hearing?

I do think an eighth note subdivision sounding in the count-in would be more helpful, with 12 eighth notes per bar. 1 & 7 are emphasized in the first measure; 1,4,7 & 10 emphasized in the second.

It says in the Style picker too that Mexican Hat Dance (La Raspa) is suitable as demo for this style. Now I found this Tube version, La Raspa , and further down there's a great rhythmic part with a walking bass; i wonder how to get such an arrangement construction into BIAB with this style ... Maybe one of you experts can?

PS Update: I figured it out: In the style maker the display shows a 4/4 groove, but when you replace the recorded Guitarron RT bass track with a midi bass that works it needs a 3rds' based counting, see pic. If some one wants to do some further style adapting to it i could send the _OAXACx style variation via a PM. It also makes the original style somehow better understandable and useful, IMO, as far as the _OAXACA groove works out for me. -F

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
BIAB mariachi bass.jpg (244.28 KB, 13 downloads)