Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
The only downfall to that is that if your mac is on the net it then, via then windows partition, becomes vulnerable to the world of PC viruses...the vast, vast majority of which are not known to macOS. And, consequently, you would have to load and maintain Windows antivirus software.

We are happy Mac BiaB users as are the other Mac users that I know on the forum.

J&B

Eventually you have to also consider the cost of the Windows license, which makes owning an actual PC almost worth the cost difference.

Other differences I've noticed;
Networking appears to still happen in a Mac world due to hardware.
Many 'not real recent' routers have trouble working with a Mac running Windows in Bootcamp, at least in a production VPN environment. These were not home routers, but routers costing $1000's.

Typically a remote Mac could connect to Windows machines inside the VPN just fine, but neither Windows machines nor Macs could connect to the Mac's (even when booted to Windows) inside the VPN without patching the router.
Patching a router in a true production environment, or even a corporate one, is not for the faint of heart.
I'm OK going as far as using Telnet or an interface and making changes to remote/production router configs(in my job description), but patching the whole thing gets moved up the ladder to upper level IT for me.
.. I'm not driving 60 miles to sit in front of a dead router while 150 people are calling me if things go bad. <grin>

Anyway, lots to consider with running Windows on yer Mac.
Probably works fine for many, just stuff I've noticed over time.

Make your sound your own!
.. I do not work here, but the benefits are still awesome