Thanks, Herb. As a fellow SONAR user, I've also been following the changes from the demise of Cakewalk under Gibson and the emergence of a new buyer, Bandlab.

I thought I read that the free version was for the basic version of SONAR. I need to go to your link and see if that's wrong. I hope I'm wrong - if it's for Platinum (their top-of-the-line), what an amazing gift this would be!

EDIT: it says it is Platinum. Amazing. Everyone shouls see the other thread here on this, with the news release: http://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=465459#Post465459

I should point out that the Mac version of SONAR never really panned out. It worked but was never supported and the project was dropped by Cakewalk long before they folded. Use it with caution. The Windows version, however, has long been regarded as one of the finest DAW programs.

Last edited by Matt Finley; 04/04/18 05:54 AM.

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors