Originally Posted By: rockstar_not
So is anyone getting paid yet? I'm very skeptical of most of these licensing services, since I don't hear of any paying company actually using them except for musicbed. I do hear several sponsored podcasts which mention they use musicbed.

I guess it depends on who you sign with and what's in the contract.

I'm getting paid.... not much. I'm not shopping for Lear Jets and private islands just yet. I have a few placements in some film and TV shows. Nothing in those deals address confidentiality. My checks come from BMI and they cash just fine at the local bank.

I would expect to see confidentiality agreements if you're working on a yet-to-be-released project that's planning to be a box office hit or from a new season on a show like The Walking Dead, for example. They don't want any details leaked beforehand. In the case of the placements I have had, heck, I didn't know it had happened until I got the check from BMI. So far, I have not worked on a project where the producer was coming back to me looking for me to make edits for him.

Regarding the placements I have had.... none of them, not one, came through a service like TAXI or Songtrader. All the cuts I have gotten were from me going out and finding them, asking if I could submit, getting s positive response and sending in some examples of my work. I've had forwards and gotten my music into some pretty prestigious libraries through the services, but nothing has come from it so far.

You can find my music at:
www.herbhartley.com
Add nothing that adds nothing to the music.
You can make excuses or you can make progress but not both.

The magic you are looking for is in the work you are avoiding.