Brookes,

If Scaler saves files' chord information as MIDI, this would certainly be able to imported into BIAB.

Some other things that you may or may not be aware of in BIAB, too, are....

In relation to auditioning chords... BIAB has a few ways to do this.

1. SHIFT+ENTER
If the cursor is placed on the chord sheet so that the cell containing a chord is highlighted, BIAB will play that chord if you press SHIFT+ENTER (I find this very useful).

2. Chord Builder
See IMAGE 1 below.

To enter into Chord Builder, right-click on the chordsheet and select 'Chord Builder'.

a) Select the chord's root name (#1 on Image 1)

b) Select a slash bass (if any) (#2)

c) Select chord type (#3) or, if one of the more advanced types of chord is required click on #4 to go to the chord menu

d) Press 'Play" (#5)

3. All-MIDI Styles
When working out a chord progression, rather than use Realstyles (with Realtracks), disable the auto-substitute MIDI styles for Realstyles option and load a MIDI style. MIDI styles will generate in a second or less and being playing almost instantaneously. This makes them perfect for testing purposes.

I nearly always find an appropriate MIDI style and use that for building chord progressions when I'm in the early stages of creating a song.

To disable Auto-Substitution of Realstyles for MIDI styles, right click on the chordsheet, select 'Song Settings' and then deselect "Allow Styles Aliases (auto-substitution of style) for this song".

4. Finding Chords for a Melody
If you go to the Edit menu and then scroll down to the "Chords" option, the Reharmonist will find chords for an existing melody.

That is... "Edit | Chords | Auto-Generate Chord Reharmonization"

Hope this helps.
Noel

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
chord builder 2.JPG (38.86 KB, 103 downloads)
IMAGE 1... Chord Builder

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024