Originally Posted By: rayc
the lyrics sound fine. They sound right. Reading them in isolation may have been problematic for you but in-sit u they work - they tell a story well.

Hi, Ray.

Sorry, I was unclear. I'm happy with how the lyrics turned out, but there were a host of large and small changes along the way. There's a time when the marginal value of making changes is so low that you call it finished, but I'm pretty poor at gauging that point.

It also makes the song harder to sing, when the "old" lyric is still in my head, even though I've got the new lyric typed out in front of me to read... cry

Quote:
Your vocal sounds a little nasal but I don't know your work so don't know if that's you, a cold or the plugs.

It's me. I should have swept through the frequencies to and cut that honking tone. Thanks for reminding me!

Quote:
Your vocal doesn't sound auto-tuned so you've obviously needed very little or know how to wrangle it really well.

I need a lot more than I'd like! One of the reasons I had to re-sing the song (several times) was that it couldn't be tuned. For example, vibrato has both pitch and volume. You can re-tune the frequency, but the change in volume will still be there. Similarly, a lot of vocal errors had timbre issues embedded in them.

Live and learn. The next performances were a lot better.

But I'm also getting a bit better at tuning. wink

Quote:
I enjoyed your song & your story.

Thanks!

-- David Cuny
My virtual singer development blog

Vocal control, you say. Never heard of it. Is that some kind of ProTools thing?