Or get this one? Sounds quite good IMO: Halion Sonic SE3 FREE PS there's an update too, but i think you'll have to register for download. As it's 64 bit you'll need jBridge for BIAB; on my system Halion 3 SE (paid version, more sounds) loads automatically as jBridge 32bit conversion. Once addressed in BIAB as default synth, it's IMO still one of the best sounding GM2 VSTs; note that in Halion's options you'll have to set it to GM-mode at Program Changes. See picture. It remembers the setting made here OK for BIAB. PS XGlite comes close, but Halion SE has some sounds done quite better, and has a proper interface showing available sounds by name on the GUI.

Tested quite a few GM VSTs in the past, Coyote Full, Edirol, Cakewalk, also paid for Sampletank Omnisynth2, then turned back to Hypersonic (Steinberg) for ease of use and sounds. All paid versions. The one above IMO is the best choice for BIAB, and its free to boot.

PS: As i bought Halion 6 i still have a license for a full, thus not the cheaper educational version, of Halion 5 for sale. Also with a Halion SE version and GM2 on board; PM me if interested, and you'll need a Steinberg Dongle to run it. THIS ONE is still 32bit and 64bit. - F

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
Halion SE.jpg (177.4 KB, 70 downloads)