And unlike the Ketron, since SampleTank is a VSTi, you can do a direct render of those tracks (as opposed to "recording" each track for the Ketron).

And yes, it will work with both Sonar and Mixcraft (and any other DAW that supports VSTi's.

Like all instruments from IK Multimedia, you have to authorize it on your computer using the serial number you receive when you go to "User Area" (your account information). This is done using the IK Authorization Manager, which will be installed automatically when you install SampleTank.

And as Larry said, sounds are subjective, but I think in general (since I own a Ketron SD-2), you'll find you like the sounds of the Ketron better than what you get from SampleTank, but again, it depends on what you are looking for.

The biggest benefit is not having to "record" a four minute MIDI track; with the VSTi, you just do a direct render to audio (either to a disk file or another track).

John

Laptop-HP Omen I7 Win11Pro 32GB 2x2TB, 1x4TB SSD
Desktop-ASUS-I7 Win10Pro 32GB 2x1.5TB, 2x2TB, 1x4TB SATA

BB2024/UMC404HD/Casios/Cakewalk/Reaper/Studio One/MixBus/Notion/Finale/Dorico/Noteworthy/NI/Halion/IK

http://www.sus4chord.com