Originally Posted By: Guitarhacker
You gotta think OUT OF THE BOX....

Using bar settings, adjusting the bar length, using holds and shots and pushes, etc..... Then you also have to set down and think, puzzle, contemplate, and then figure out how you could use the tools you have to achieve the desired goal you want. All things are possible but some are much harder than others.

Trying to replicate ANY cover tune exactly is kinda like a MISSION IMPOSSIBLE scenario. To even get close, you have to be able to play the parts that are unique and give the song it's character and be able to figure out work-arounds for those seemingly impossible brick walls you will encounter.

Otherwise, you have to settle for close and kinda sounds like the cover. I've done a couple of covers and for 2 of them, I decided to do "my version" .....and the other two.... I spent time learning and playing and recording the signature licks that gave the song it's identification. Finally, I mixed them in a DAW rather than trying to construct a faithful cover in BB. It was just much easier to use the DAW.

Hey GH
Thanks for the pearls of wisdom. Whilst I would really like to get close to a cover backing track, just cos it is more fun to practice against when it sounds 'authentic' I do realise that is maybe a step too far for BIAB. I am just pursuing this as a learning exercise to try and better understand how these things work and get a feel for how to achieve things.
You guys have already dropped a ton of experience and knowledge on me just from this one simple question. Stuff you could never get from PG, they just don't have the time for it, understandably.

I keep hearing 'it is easier in a DAW'. I guess I am going to have to bit the bullet and have a go. I have been shying away from doing that as it would just be yet another piece of software to lear, another learning curve etc. Seems I need to man up and do it!

If it wasn't for bad luck, I wouldn't have no luck at all...
BIAB 2019 Mac on a MacBook Pro. All paks & Styles.