Originally Posted By: mark.ogier

I havent done too much with MIDI yet. I am looking to get the Native Sample Tank thing to get some decent instrument sounds as I do want to get more aware of the MIDI side.
Is it possible to mix MIDI and Real tracks in the same song. For example, in the excellent MIDI demo you linked in below, the Piano & Bass sound great. Would it be possible to then add a Real Track drum track to the song? Some of the drum tracks in BISB are pretty good generally, if sometimes a bit too busy.

Are you aware of any docs or posts detailing someones workflow to create a song from external midi files in BIAB? Be a really useful insight into how they do it.

Thanks again for the help, I have learnt so much today just from the points in this thread from all concerned! Not least what a helpful and knowledgeable bunch the people are on this forum...

Cheers
Mark

Yes you can mix MIDI tracks, RTs, and RDs in the same song.

I know that you can create a song from a MIDI file but it has been a very long time since I have done that; I bring external MIDI files into my DAW. So instead of just trying to remember, I have a terrible memory, I will let someone more experienced answer that question.

My goal this weekend is to move just enough each day so that no one pokes me to see if I'm dead or not.

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware