I just spent 6 hours inputting a melody for a published song from sheet music using the mouse and keyboard. I know I can/ should be able to play right from the sheet, but I play guitar and am not good enough to play real time off a sheet from music I don't know by heart.

The reason I do this is because I'm pretty good at tab reading so once the melody is in I can play around with styles, keys, and play along / jam with my guitar by looking at the tabs.

I realize melodies are copyrighted so even though there are some free ones around to download I would rather pay someone on a by song basis to get the melody done against whatever style, like one of the built in styles or something from the Norton discs. I don't really care as long as I have the melody and can play around with the song.

Seems to me that what takes me 4 to 6 hours with a mouse would be pretty fast for someone with a piano midi that they can play and record the melody. So is there anyone who does this or would like to? I have no idea how one would go about paying the royalty or how much it would be but I figure on a song by song basis it wouldn't be that much.