Originally Posted By: ROG
Hi there J&B + Peter,

Lost for words. (Almost)

Nice to hear an extended intro - you don't get that so much these days. On radio mixes in
the old days, we were only allowed short intros, so the DJs couldn't do the talk-over on them.
The DJs made an art-form out of this until the BBC banned the practice! Peter's guitar work on this
made me think instantly of Robert Cray - one of my favourites, so I was hooked straight away.

Well, Janice. Whatever you turn your hand to you do SO well, but your blues in particular is always fabulous.
Full of emotion and that special blues timing, plus dynamics as well. In these days of compressing
everything, a lot of expression is removed from vocals, but this one shines.

Beautiful arrangement and the mix sounds loud and clear with everything working as it should.
Thoroughly enjoyed the listen and about to go back for a second.

ROG.

Great to hear from you ROG and we deeply appreciate your comments. Yes, I use almost no compression on Janice's vocal...been throwing a bit of delay in lately with the reverb (Waves CLA Vocals). Also use an eq setting I've used with her since analog days. We couldn't agree more as we feel that over processing just sucks the soul right out of a vocal. Thank you for mentioning the mix. We greatly admire yours so it means a lot for you to say that.

J&B