Originally Posted By: Mike02392
I long ago abandoned trying to use the notation function in BIAB.

Hmm, that's what I was wondering as I sit here trying to notate in RealBand.

In just one bar I have a quarter-note, a dotted-quarter-note, an eigth note that should be followed by a dotted-quarter-note on the B immediately below middle C and I would like it on the treble stave, but the editor puts it on the bass stave. Then I put the final eighth note on the treble stave and it leaves that B as a double note on the bass staff and stretches the preceding eighth-note o the treble staff to an eigth-plus-dotted-quarter note. If I delete the stretch, it joins the preceding eigth-note to the final one. If I try to use N, I can't presently select the stretch, only the half-note B and if I look at the note durations, every single note except the half note is reported as 0:48.

That's an awful lot of oddities in just one bar.

I considered setting treble-clef only, but can't at present find the option in RB, though I think/thought there's the option in BIAB.

Originally Posted By: Matt Finley
One of those free solutions, MuseScore 3.0, is a good notation program and it does something no other notation program does: it reads native BIAB song files.

My usual notation tool. Is there a good way to import just a short section from Musescore (I'm trying to insert six bars of intro), or is the best bet to do all the notation in Musescore and import the whole song (via MIDI I presume)? Thus far all I've done is to import a whole song in MIDI.

The workflow I'm thinking for songs I create is Musescore for the leadsheet(s), export to midi, import into BIAB and add chords (again) and style there, save it, open again in RealBand.

That's not so easy where my original source in a band members BIAB file.

Oh good grief ... I've just been comparing something between RB and BIAB and I now find that whaen I click on the notation icon in the RealBand toolbar, an audio edit window opens. I'm definitely _not_ clicking the adjacent Audio Edit icon. At present I seem to not be able to open a notation window, not via the icon, not via Window->[window] and it's not present if I minimise all windows and open eah one in turn. The other "current track" icons work as expected. Sigh.

Jazz relative beginner, starting at a much older age than was helpful.
Kawai MP6, Korg M50, Ui24R, Saffire Pro 40.
AVL:MXE Linux; Windows 11; Win8.1: Scarletts
BIAB2022 UltraPAK, Reaper, a bunch of stuff.