Hi guys,

I have made a concerted effort to explore the use of BIAB in the last few months . I listen to songs posted by Floyd Jane and I am amazed at what is possible.

I have found that for myself as a novice user, BIAB is very useful for generating a conceptual idea but difficult and time consuming to use.

I have neither the time or inclination to spend the next several years to become an expert on this software or any other software for that matter.

I also have spent a lot of time and money trying to learn to produce songs with my computer based home studio.

The results have been less than stellar.

I have no doubt I will get better at all this but I don't think any of this will replace working live in a studio.

I have also tried to use some musicians both paid and unpaid over the internet. That has been pretty uninspired. Too disconnected, to difficult to communicate ideas other than to score things out and say play this. There have been some very nice people to work with but... A total resistance to using video conferencing to communicate ideas. Pretty unprofessional in some cases even when paying the normal amounts of money a pro studio session musician would make.

I have never had any real issues getting what I wanted in a live studio. Very little of that ever made much money but that was my fault for not being able to produce commercially viable songs.

At the end of the day, in retirement, this was supposed to be a fun hobby. All this diving into the world of home recording was an attempt to reduce the cost of producing a song.

All this software is useful to generate ideas but to get what I want I will have to go back to a studio with real session players. That kind of sucks from a economic standpoint but it is what it is. Better to produce one good song a year than a thousand also ran.

As I am getting to old to enjoy my boat in the ocean any longer, I have been considering leaving Florida and moving back to LA or perhaps even Nashville where I have better access to pro musicians.

I hope this pandemic issue will be resolved soon so I can get out of lockup. As I get older time becomes a more pressing issue. I could have done without all this chaos in my old age...lol

I think BIAB is a great product with many uses for many people including me.
I just don't know how to use it or other software well enough to get the results I want. I am not sure I have the time left to learn even if I wanted too.

What has your experience been?

Cheers,

Billy

New location, new environment, new music coming soon

Seize the moo-ment
If you feel like you’ve herd all these cow puns before, you probably have deja-moo