Originally Posted By: MusicStudent
Using BIAB (or in general any computer based music making tools) to make your music is not for everyone. Fact is you need to be part computer nerd and part musician. And yes, BIAB in particular takes a long time to master. What you are saying rings a note with me since I have to admit I am more computer nerd than musician. So this workflow works well for me. There is no one way to make music. If you have a workflow working live, which makes you happy, go for it.

I have to agree 100%! BIAB is not easy to use and intuitive but because I love software as much or more than I love music I enjoy it!

As for the studio and session musicians, I'm not one who plays well with others IRL so BIAB is a godsend.

My advice to anyone trying to use it is get really familiar with the very basics of generating and exporting your instrument tracks from RealTracks and then do the rest of production in a quality DAW. But there again the DAW is another rabbit hole that requires an enjoyment or at least tolerance of complex software!