Hey Billy,

Looking at your original post of this thread, I feel I'm kinda the opposite of you. I grew up to my teen years in the 1980s and became a complete computer geek. Sure I liked doodling with instruments but never became proficient at a one. Keys are what I've played most over the years. I took a couple of years of music theory at the local community college in the '90s and that really helped my black/white-ones/zeros mindset.

So over the past 10-20 years I've really enjoyed my tools like BIAB and Pro Tools. They do everything I want easily. The difficulty for me is musical talent (creativeness). Once I get some musical ideas, I can go to town on that with no issues at all technically.

Overall, I'm on the far other side of the fence, all technical minded and not enough creative minded. It seems in my experiences that folks are one or the other. I've very rarely encountered someone who is lucky enough to be both.

Good conversations on this thread.

Steve

BIAB/RB 2022, Pro Tools 2020, Korg N5, JBL LSR 4328 Powered Monitors, AKG/Shure Mics.
PC: Win11 PRO, 4 TB M2 SSD, 2 TB HD, 128 GB Memory