I can't say I learn a lot from his theory videos. Much of it is too far over my head and current understanding, and what isn't tends to not be presented as "well" as others may who are more focused on that aspect. Still, I've picked up bits jut watching even if I prefer it "explained" by others.

It well could be by year's end he has 2 million subscribers. He's an excellent resource for introducing his older audience to new acts, and his younger audience to old acts. I doubt anybody is doing it better, except maybe some of those "reaction" videos-

I think his "what Makes This Song Great" series is outstanding--super advice from example on everything from writing to musical knowledge to introductions to production. He's no you-tube hobbyist.

Sooner or later, I'll get his book. There's no doubt he knows his stuff, and I'll be able to peruse it more slowly than watching it fly by on a video.

Last edited by Tangmo; 09/26/20 11:25 PM.

BIAB 2021 Audiophile. Windows 10 64bit. Songwriter, lyricist, composer(?) loving all styles. Some pre-BIAB music from Farfetched Tangmo Band's first CD. https://alonetone.com/tangmo/playlists/close-to-the-ground