Originally Posted By: dcuny
Sad and lovely song. Love everything about it.

What warts? I mean, maybe the word fool, except you use to here to create a nice inner rhyme with who, so that's entirely justified.

As usual - apparently even back then - solid storytelling and arc.

The pared-down arrangement really puts your voice front and center, where it shines.

Thanks for posting it! smile

Thanks, David. I always enjoy reading what you have to say about all aspects of the song and music...

Originally Posted By: HearToLearn
Wow! 14? I don't think I started until 19. It was a song about Jewish concentration camps called "Monday Mourning." A bit too heavy of subject matter for my friends and girlfriend of the time to relate to. So, I'm impressed you went the relatable route right away!

I think this song is beautiful. The picked guitar works well with the background fills. Then that piano comes in to bring it to another level without seeming like you are adding too much to get there.

I will take it a step further by saying I didn't get to hear it with drums. Thank you for that! It's one thing to not need them, it's another if they take a song where it shouldn't go.

Thanks for sharing this.

To you 14 year old self, stick with this. You will touch many with your wonderful songs.

I wrote some pretty depressing songs in those early years, but have to say, was never tempted to write one about concentration camps!! Zowie.
Glad to have you stop by for a listen.
Time to hear another from you!
Maybe not that first one, though... smile

Originally Posted By: rayc
Originally Posted By: floyd jane
Originally Posted By: rayc
The piano fits really well.
I'm glad this didn't get a ride in the ejector seat as it's a lovely, heart bruised song.
No nits...I'm glad you tried the resurrection without the shuffle.

Thanks, ray! shuffle?

The Resurrection Shuffle
https://youtu.be/XpH5ke-C_80

You continue to introduce me to previously-unknown music/bands!!