Originally Posted By: PeterF
floyd

Heard both versions - prefer the 2nd one, has a very evocative 70's singer songwriter vibe (albeit written I think in 1969).

Lovely performance, and an appealing song from an earlier time.

Peter

Peter - I agree - the new mix was the right way to go - the drums were simply a wrong thing to add (as was the "over-done" harmonies). Just goes to show it's a good idea to let a song sit for a while to get the kinks out... Thanks for the nice words...

Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
14 eh? Bud was 65 before he wrote and it shows smile

50 years is a long time at that craft and the more we learn about what you were doing earlier the more remarkable the consistently high level of writing over those years becomes. Wish I could have periodically gone through your garbage -- I'd have a catalog to be proud of!

Well you can certainly be 20 and have these feelings but the ability to express them via a lovely song write is allocated to a select few.

As Janice said, "it is beautifully sung and I like the sparse band." Add the fine lyric and production to that and the bases are pretty much covered.

Excellent!

J&B

Thanks, y'all! 50 years. Were does the time go?? There's always something to write about - and, of course, when you start is irrelevant. You've got a knack for it - so keep 'em coming!

Originally Posted By: Leon1
Hi Floyd
While I've heard only the second version, the simple arrangement seems to me to fit the mood perfectly. That's really quite a song for a twenty year old. I guess I started writing at around fifteen but my journey to 'this doesn't totally suck' took quite a bit longer than yours!
Regards,
Leon

"but my journey to 'this doesn't totally suck' took quite a bit longer" - those are the word choices of a guy who knows how to write...
Thanks for the nice review, Leon...