I have been using Bbox since day 1 in the traditional way. It is a fabulous tool for generating backing tracks and as starting point for producing CDs. The tools have evolved and improved each year.

The weak point is that as it has grown and improved it has become a huge program and very complex. One of the weak spots is searching for appropriate styles and instrument tracks. As a former database creator there are better ways to easily find the abundant tools and content available.

The vst tool and multiple track recordings tool are truly breakthroughs. I was really excited about the additional tracks available. I doubt that PG recognizes that Bbox can be used as a giant looper tied to drum machine with or without bass. As a guitarist and bassist I find the rhythm guitar tracks limiting and proprietary bass lines essential for pop tunes.

Initially with 2021 recording audio did not sync the time properly. Since this didn't work I used the plug in. I was able to interact with live guitar and see the chords on a second monitor. I could also play a drum track or select drums within Cakewalk. Since this worked I decided to try the same with Bbox. For unknown reasons everything works now. I suspect the updates fixed the problem.

My point is that as a musician I can now interact more creatively to lay down rhythm tracks. After laying out chord structure I will lay down exactly what I want in a bass line by recording it. I will do the same with guitar etc. I can record exactly what I want rather than spend an hour or more auditioning tracks.

The cost of a looper capable of syncing midi would be far more expensive than Bbox and have very limited capability. Bbox also has numerous advantages for practice.

Another neglected feature is the standalone plug in option. For practice with looping or beginners this might be the way to start.

Although there is room for improvement I am very pleased with continued plugin improvement and additional track capabilties within Bbox. I can now recommend Bbox as a basic tool for practice with or without all of the content.