Originally Posted By: Mike Halloran
Why do you need a sync license? Unless you planning to post a music video on YouTube., it is unlikely that you need one. BTW, you cannot obtain a sync license from the Fox Agency—those are obtained from the publishers or their authorized agents only.

Hi Mike! Thank you for the information and the book list.

Yes, I want to be able to post a cover on Youtube, although I'd be pretty likely to start with Soundcloud. I know I don't need a mechanical license because I won't be selling anything. (I don't have a monetized channel.) HFA had an inquiry email, so I used it to inquire. Even if I don't get anywhere, I at least took a step forward. After seven years of hitting one roadblock after another, I really needed to take a step and get out of this stuck feeling.

The books you recommended will be useful to me once I've actually learned to create a radio-ready song. Right now this learning curve is so incredibly steep that I need to focus solely on mastering BIAB. It's a real act of faith on my part to think that I will!

Love is always worth the risk.

HP laptop; Windows 10 Home 64 bit; core i5; 2.40 Ghz; 8 GB RAM; 256 GB hard drive; BIAB 2021 Build 835.