I will repeat what I have said in the past...users like Charlie and Pipeline are an amazing resource for PGM and this forum. They clearly understand this software quite deeply.

I, on the other hand, do NOT understand it deeply nor do I wish to! I simply want to use it to produce cool tracks and then get out of it as quickly as possible and into something modern like my DAW.

Work-arounds like the one Charlie presented are welcome and useful but when they require more steps and depth of knowledge than simply saving 5 versions of my song and comping in the DAW then I will ALWAYS take the easier route using the DAW.

The original request, over 10 years ago, was spot on then and is still spot on today. This is exactly how the software should work. Just select bars and click Regen Bars. Plain and simple and extremely useful.

------

Sidebar: Reason #20 why I don't like multi-step work-arounds in BIAB. It is because I almost always ending up hitting a brick wall. Sometimes it is because I goofed up a complex process but sometimes it is because BIAB goofs up. Either way, it severely interrupts the creative process in an unacceptable way.

When I was a young fella I owned a car built by Morris Garages, an MG! I owned a full set of maintenance and repair manuals and learned to fine tune its dual carbs, repair its brakes, pretty much anything it needed (because I couldn't afford to pay someone else, I had time on my hands and I loved to tinker!) Fast forward MANY years and my new car needs minimal maintenance and absolutely no work-arounds to keep it running! I wish BIAB was less like my old MG and more like a modern car!