Separate to other replies, some helpful, some less helpful, I'll offer this:

With RealTracks, the original musician records many different musical phrases in different keys with many different variations. These are stored as short audio segments in many different files on the computer hard drive. When the user enters chords for a song, the program extracts the audio segments and 'stitches' them together to form a playable instrument.

When the guitar has been recorded, the performer has also recorded different variations of 'energy levels' into different Sub-Styles. There are usually two different sub-styles, but in this case there are 4: a, b, c, d.

The Part Marker tells the program which sub-style to extract from the recorded segments. When the song starts, the first 8 bars use music segments recorded under sub-style 'a'. At bar 9, the program extracts music segments from sub-style 'd'.

The reason the guitar technique changed is simply because the performer originally recorded different variations in technique for the 4 different sub-styles. The variations may have also included different playing techniques and also the use of effects pedals, such as distortion, overdrive, fuzz etc to get the difference in sounds for each of the sub-styles.

Open up this folder on your computer, and you will see many different audio files

C:\bb\RealTracks\Guitar, Electric, Rhythm AltRockFastChugging Ev 150\

These are all of the variations of the individual recorded musical passages that were performed and the program 'stitches' the required ones back together to suit the chords and the sub-styles in the final song.

Hopefully, this provides a helpful response to the O/P, which is what they were looking for. I'm not showing off either. I'm genuinely attempting to assist a new and enthusiastic user without making any unnecessary remarks on how others have responded.

This is not that kind of forum.

Other users may subsequently follow this thread and might read the response as to how the sub-styles operate, and it hopefully may be beneficial to them. Frankly, I consider myself far from a 'seasoned' member prepared to 'show off' anything. I'm just a forum member who sees helpful responses are the better approach than being critical of newer users' questions, and possibly admonishing them for not having a better understanding.

BIAB & RB2024 Win.(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Cakewalk by Bandlab, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M Monitors, Pioneer Active Monitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones