Just to wrap up my hard drive problem, it was the internal plug. When I took out the two small screws, the end cap just fell out with the plug, it wasn't even partly attached to the hard drive. I reattached it and it's good to go.
I agree with the comments about people who think something that may be unusual is actually a bug. To me a true bug is something that is written about in the advertising, also in the manual and it's supposed to do one thing but it doesn't. A true well known bug is the VST tempo matching problem in Power Tracks/Real Band. BitFlippers thing about forcing a midi track on top of an existing Real Track certainly is interesting but it's not an advertised feature that is not working correctly. Sure, there could be a warning "are you sure" balloon but it really is just a user forcing the program to do something that apparently nobody has ever heard of. I can understand him being upset about losing his audio edits though.

Bob

Biab/RB latest build, Win 11 Pro, Ryzen 5 5600 G, 512 Gig SSD, 16 Gigs Ram, Steinberg UR22 MkII, Roland Sonic Cell, Kurzweil PC3, Hammond SK1, Korg PA3XPro, Garritan JABB, Hypercanvas, Sampletank 3, more.