Another suggestion.... if you are not able to physically or financially "treat" the room acoustically.... Room size, content, floor, wall, and ceiling coverings, baffles and traps.....

Perhaps this can help: https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/arc3/

I have the ARC version 2. It's designed to listen to the room as it exists now with a calibrated mic, analyze the frequencies, and make a frequency filter for that room. You can create several filters for various places in the room or whatever else you wish. You simply apply the filter to the project like a plug in and the filter will reproduce the sound from your speakers to compensate for the deficiencies in the room. Supposedly, what you hear from the filtered version is the flat, true representation of the music unaffected by the acoustic issues in the room. That's the theory of how it's supposed to work within the limits of physics of course. You remove the filter or bypass it when you get ready to export the song and it's supposed to be closer to the ideal mix. I found it can be helpful on the low end of the mix especially, since the wave length of most rooms is shorter than the actual waves you're dealing with from bass guitars and especially synths.

I used this a lot at my other studio but have not used it or set it up for my current studio.

Last edited by Guitarhacker; 03/15/22 04:28 AM.

You can find my music at:
www.herbhartley.com
Add nothing that adds nothing to the music.
You can make excuses or you can make progress but not both.

The magic you are looking for is in the work you are avoiding.