awesome! I'm glad I'm not crazy, though it's still worrying that it was literally the first random track I picked.

As for it being intentional in the style, I'm sure that's correct. It's not like it's playing the #11 EVERY time. It's clear it was recorded with both approaches in mind because the sus4 version is there and plays most of the time. It just seems like there's an oversight in BIAB design where when creating chords it would be useful to be able to either set modality, or specify which extensions can be played in embellishments.

The example I gave yesterday was a minor chord. The 6th on a minor chord is a dangerous one, if you play the wrong one, you'll know it.

So how does BIAB deal with that?

If my minor chord is in a dorian context then the 6 is fine as an embellishment, but the b6 will be awful. It's suggested that the way around this is to write a minor6 chord and that way the program won't play a b6... but then the program actually plays a m6 chord, and that's probably not what you want.

Chords have the notes in the chord, and then the notes that are used in the tracks to embellish that chord. It seems like allowing users to control that is super important.