Kona.

i see where your coming from, and this has been discussed before re EDM/modern genres etc. but my question is do people really explore biab and realband (rb) properly ?
cos in recent years more 'modern' styles have been added.

the reason i mention this is there are more than a few styles that could be used or adapted for edm etc.

ive just finished a 'kinda rap' song useing a biab style.
i'll post it in the showcase so people can tell me if i'm out to lunch or not.

lets not forget rb has 48 traks one can anything with. ive even done special effects with it.
in rb you can do a slew of stuff. depends how one approaches the task at hand.

your correct some other products have lots of big sample libs...but there are nearly free/free sample libs out there and loads of virtual instruments...

eg computer music mag from the uk which offers something like 80 free plug ins n' vi's//synths etc etc.
(just explore it on you tube sometime. some very impressive stuff in cm's vault.)

one problem ive found if i'm confronted with huge sample libs//vi's is i have sooo many sample options..it takes up ages to come to a decision as to which ones to use in a song. thus 'paralysis by analysis' often occurs.
thus i limit my choices to the pg styles//sound creation tools and augmented by cm mag sounds.

but maybe i'm useless at modern genres (as at my core i'm a rocker ). but we will see when i load up the song on in showcase...and get egg on my face...lol.
its an experimental song cos so many people say biab cant do modern stuff.

in conclusion all i'm saying is the tools are there in pg products to do anything one wishes. its just how one chooses to use them. the key is to delve deeply.

happiness.

om

Last edited by justanoldmuso; 02/13/23 06:52 AM.

New Song "PRETTY GIRL" for my wife...Dec 2023
(my vocs....mixed for good earbuds.)
https://soundcloud.com/alfsongs/prettygirlrbfinalcalfsongsdec2023mp3
(and rock song THE STALLION and bluegrass song... BANKER MAN....90 songs useing bb/rb.)