Page 2 of 2 1 2
User Showcase
rayc Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Rustyspoon#
Ray,
I don't know which is better V3 or replaced bass. Really, both sound good. V3 has more interesting passages, while "replaced" is more bold.
That "bell" sound I was talking about seems from elec. piano. I am surprised no one mentioned it, as some comments are very deep. Probably it's the difference in our hearing, as I can hear it still pretty dominants in V3.

In any case, love the tune. A+ colab!

Misha.

Hello Misha,
I did do some surgical EQ work on the el piano...they had a really pronounced attack that involved a simulation of the tynes being hit on a Rhodes. I thought that was what you'd referred to. There was way too much of that and I had to do some deep cuts in the upper mids to reduce that. I'll have another look & listen to the bell sound which is part & parcel of a Rhodes, ( I had one for a few years in the 90s), and suss out if I can mellow it.

Cheers
rayc
"What's so funny about peace, love & understanding?" - N.Lowe
User Showcase
rayc Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: dani48
Hi, Ray, Al & Alison !

What a fine collab on
this haunting tune !
I like it much - in fact
everything about it !

Cheers
Dani

Thanks Dani,
you're very kind, as ever.

Cheers
rayc
User Showcase
rayc Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: BabuMusic
Love the sound of that first bass, too, Ray. WOW, this is such a brilliant next-level to an already terrific tune. I love the way you kept Al in there. SO sweet --the guitar, I mean... well, you, too. After listening to the first one, I went back to hear Al's original. SO good. Then came back to hear the last version for a truer experience. I now thank myself. Yes! Your bass is much more to the feel. Dang, that guitar sounds so good. Allison was an outstanding choice for the cool-lab. The perfect melody and passion. Hoping for more.

Thanks Marty,
the restless fretless bass in the original is really cool - not very "blues" but a great pick by Alan.
I think Al has an even better version of the guitar that he spent significant time & energy tweaking. Hope fully I'll get my hands on that.
I wanted to play bass just becasue I wanted to play along. I'll not be unhappy if it gets dumped in the final anALysis.

Cheers
rayc
User Showcase
rayc Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
Well, Alison sounds great! We remember her fine cello performance on one of your previous songs too.

Her lead and harmony vocals portray the sad, sad story in a manner that reflects the heroine’s pain and yet also her strength. And the powerful lyric certainly sets up the stage for that.

The band ...
Well, thanks for the mention of our sparse arrangements and, man, you've gotten a boatload of responses regarding the mix so we'll just kick back and see what happens. smile

Having blathered that smile we do like what you've done with it and the most recent version sets up a nice soundstage indeed for this minimalist production couple!

J&B

Thank you,
I listened to both TBIN & a mix of Emerald to remind myself of the need for restraint.
If nothing else this has been an exercise in whittling rather than modelling, based on those two songs, while retaining as much Alan as possible.

Cheers
rayc
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
rayc,

I don't know if the lyrics come first or the song comes first, but I think it's a very nice minor blues that fits Al's chord progression perfectly.
Vocals are also very nice. The harmonies are also great.
It's a little surprising that this melody comes out from the cellist.
I've listened to V3 and I think the mix is also very good.
Enjoyed my listen a lot.

Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi

User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Hi Rayc,

Nice atmosphere with nostalgic lyrics. The guitar has its place with a talented singer. Well done

Kindly regard
Derochette
alias
JaniJackFlash

Kindly regards
Derochette
alias JaniJackFlash
User Showcase
rayc Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Derochette
Hi Rayc,

Nice atmosphere with nostalgic lyrics. The guitar has its place with a talented singer. Well done

Kindly regard
Derochette
alias
JaniJackFlash

Thanks JJJ,
I do hope that not too many folk are nostalgic regarding this topic though.

Cheers
rayc
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Ray / Alan / Alison,

This is great... A finely tuned moody dark piece. Love the production as well.

Bob

User Showcase
rayc Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: rsdean
Ray / Alan / Alison,
This is great... A finely tuned moody dark piece. Love the production as well.
Bob

Thanks Bob!

Cheers
rayc
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: rayc
Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
Well, Alison sounds great! We remember her fine cello performance on one of your previous songs too.

Her lead and harmony vocals portray the sad, sad story in a manner that reflects the heroine’s pain and yet also her strength. And the powerful lyric certainly sets up the stage for that.

The band ...
Well, thanks for the mention of our sparse arrangements and, man, you've gotten a boatload of responses regarding the mix so we'll just kick back and see what happens. smile

Having blathered that smile we do like what you've done with it and the most recent version sets up a nice soundstage indeed for this minimalist production couple!

J&B

Thank you,
I listened to both TBIN & a mix of Emerald to remind myself of the need for restraint.
If nothing else this has been an exercise in whittling rather than modelling, based on those two songs, while retaining as much Alan as possible.

Yep, that old axiom: perfection is not when there’s nothing left to add but rather when there’s nothing left to take away.

Bud

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
I listened to the latest version posted. All sounds good, but my ears are not the best except for basic mixing.

Vocal sounds good. I wouldn't touch it with pitch correction. That would remove some of the character from her voice and performance.

I like what you two did with Al's piece. Love the melody and the vocal.

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Ray and Alison,

Alan has a treasure trove of high quality instrumentals he has posted here! You certainly picked a good one! Your treatment of this one is spot on! Alison's vocal work really fits this well she has a wonderful voice! I think this will get Alan's proud approval! I was only able to check out version 1. The second link had a message that it had been removed! This only thing I noticed was a pretty big volume drop in the backing shortly before the vocals came in! Sounds like a great track to me!

Thanks, TB

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hi Ray,

I fear I am a little late to be of any use on this project of yours.
But I want to say you did a very good job with how you can let your listeners (we, the others on this forum) participate in the best result of that project.
And it's nice to see how many were giving you advise and how you handled that advice. I liked that a lot. It's another way of 'using' a forum.

Having said that, I wasn't there. Sorry for that. Although, given the advises you got, my assistance wasn't needed.
I listened to the result of this all. At least, I think I did. All versions on your fist page could not be found. But I found: 'MST All Night Tears by A David, A Reynolds & r cochrane' and listened to that one. I read all the tips from everyone here and that's why I think the song I listened to was the result of all that.
No loud guitar solos'while she sang etc.

And I loved that result. A very impressing song, very good vocals and man, it's amazing what atmosphere (or tension?) was built up with this song. Beautiful!

But if I might have listened to an older version of the song, it's still a great one.
Thanks to you, Alan, Alison and all the folks around here.

Hans

Hans Berkhout
(Birchwood)
https://soundcloud.com/user-296497130
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
User Video: Band-in-a-Box® + ChatGPT = Impressed the BOSS!

Since AI is now readily available online as a resource for many things, we recently put together and shared a video where we demonstrated how to create a song using Band-in-a-Box®, ChatGPT, and Synth V; we've also shared a Bob Doyle Media video, Convert MIDI Chords into AI Vocal Harmonies with ACE Studio and Band in A Box, showing how they utilize AI for their song projects. Now it's time to share Henry's video, Band-in-a-Box + ChatGPT = Impressed the BOSS!, where he demonstrates how to use ChatGPT and Band-in-a-Box to whip a song project together in only 3-4 hours.

Watch the video.

Visit Henry Clarke's YouTube Channel, Henry Clarke - Senior Musicians Unite, to find a large collection of tutorials showing the viewer how to achieve amazing results using Band-in-a-Box®!

Band-in-a-Box User Video Tutorials!

If you've reviewed our Support page, you've probably noticed the Videos page, which separates our Band-in-a-Box® tutorial videos by category: Overview, VST DAW Plugin, Setup, Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced, and there's even an Archive category to go down memory lane... (You'll also find these videos on our YouTube Channel.)

It's always great to hear how other Band-in-a-Box® users create their songs, especially when they explain in detail what they're doing. Like Henry Clarke's YouTube Channel, Henry Clarke - Senior Musicians Unite! There you'll find his ALL Band-in-a-Box Tutorials playlist with over 50 videos! His top-three most watched videos include "How to Get Started with Band-in-a-Box," "How I use the Audio Chord Wizard in Band-in-a-Box," and "How to Create An Effective Solo Using Band-in-a-Box" - however he touches on many other topics and also demonstrates his own Band-in-a-Box® songs in the Band-in-a-Box Created Songs playlist!

You're guaranteed to find some helpful videos when you visit Henry Clarke's channel!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Italian for Windows is Here!

Ci siamo dati da fare e abbiamo aggiunto oltre 50 nuove funzionalità e una straordinaria raccolta di nuovi contenuti, tra cui 222 RealTracks, nuovi RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, "Songs with Vocals" Artist Performance Sets, Playable RealTracks Set 3, Playable RealDrums Set 2, due nuovi set di "RealDrums Stems", XPro Styles PAK 6, Xtra Styles PAK 17 e altro ancora!

Tutti Pacchetti | Nuove Caratteristiche

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 French for Windows is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 apporte plus de 50 fonctions nouvelles ainsi qu'une importante de contenus nouveaux à savoir : 222 RealTracks, des RealStyles nouveaux, des SuperTracks MIDI, des Etudes d'Instruments, des Prestations d'Artistes, des "Morceaux avec Choeurs", un Set 3 de Tracks Jouables, un Set 2 de RealDrums Jouables, deux nouveaux Sets de "RealDrums Stems", des Styles XPro PAK 6, des Xtra Styles PAK 17 et bien plus encore!

Tous Packages | Nouvelles Fonctionnalités

Video: Making a Song with Band-in-a-Box®, ChatGPT, and Synth V

Take your Band-in-a-Box® project to a whole new level when you incorporate ChatGPT and Synth V to add lyrics and vocals to your song!

We wanted to demonstrate how this is done with our video, where we show you how to go from nothing to a finished "radio ready" modern pop song by combining the features of Band-in-a-Box®, ChatGPT, and Synth V!

Listen to the finished song, so you get a listen to the finished product: https://demos.pgmusic.com/misc/behindthefame.m4a

If you like it, watch the video. Either way, let's hear your comments!

Henry Clarke: Revolutionize Your Band-in-Box® Tracks with Regenerating Function

One of the new features added with Band-in-Box® 2024 is the Tracks Window, which will look familiar if you've worked with other DAWs.

Henry Clarke explains why he loves the Re-generation function within the Tracks Window in their video Revolutionize Your Band-in-Box® Tracks with Regenerating Function.

Watch video.

Learn even more about what the Tracks Window can do with our video Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Tracks Window.

User Video: Convert MIDI Chords into AI Vocal Harmonies with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box®

The Bob Doyle Media YouTube channel is known for demonstrating how you can creatively incorporate AI into your projects - from your song projects to avatar building to face swapping, and more!

His latest video, Convert MIDI Chords into AI Vocal Harmonies with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box, he explains in detail how you can use the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box with ACE Studio. Follow along as he goes from "nothing" to "something" with his Band-in-a-Box MIDI Melodist track, using ACE Studio to turn it into a vocal track (or tracks, you'll see) by adding lyrics for those notes that will trigger some amazing AI vocals!

Watch: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box

Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics81,912
Posts739,673
Members38,646
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
DigiTrends, JazzMan01, kssyblls01, maxtern, 1Oleg1
38,646 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 155
musocity 103
DC Ron 100
rsdean 93
dcuny 80
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.