Print Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
User Showcase
rayc Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Al posted a blues instrumental in February. A lovely piece that caught my ear.
We started collaborating on turning it into a vocal track as well.
Al's been unavailable of late - circumstances & life get in the way.
I've continued to work on it and asked a friend, Alison Reynolds - singer, songwriter, cellist - to contribute a melody & vocals.
Alison did just that and it's fab.
The backing is Al's creation:
Key=Fm , Tempo 70,
Style MIDI Instruments are : Finger Electric Bass (34), Bright Piano (2)
RealTracks in song: 3438:Guitar, Electric, Soloist
BritPsycPopBallad Ev 065
RealDrums in Song: BluesRockSlowEv^5-Snr,Ride
RealDrums in Song:BluesRockSlowEv^5-a:Snare , b:Snare, Ride

I'm looking for comments/suggestions/ideas to improve it so that I can present Al with a tidy package of his excellent work.

Here's a faux mastered version for your ears.

WARNING - it's a bit dark.
All Night Tears
Here's a remix taking account of most suggestions made yesterday.
I tried all of them but not all "worked".
I discussed and trialled the "pitch" bits with Alison. She's adamant she intended and likes the slides/drops in V1 so we agreed to leave them be. I'm still working on the metallic sound Misha hears...there's a graininess to the el. piano that seems to be the problem.
All Night Tears 2
I've had another crack at suggestions.
Some are easily done - others less so. The lead licks between vocal phrases are edited from the main solo track which was, in the original, the star & song long. Editing them to fit meant working with, essentially, what was there in line with the progression. I've reduced them to very few in the verses and as long or short as the phrase allows. The reverb & delay are on the guitar from the outset...baked on.
I added the chop guitar - sadly BIAB didn't have a real track that worked at the tempo so I had to edit one - every beat of it - to fit.
I looked into the ride cymbal - it's there in the Real Drum track BUT is so quiet that it took three iterations of EQ boost to bring it forward enough & then there were, as expected lots of bits of snare & other cymbals that made things ugly. In the end I tracked down the ride in the BIAB RD folder required, found the samples track, snipped the ride and edited it into the song...one hit at a time that made the chop seem like a breeze.
El Piano removed from the intro.
I'm not sure how I feel about the result as yet. I'll need to listen for a bit. As mentioned, I'm trying to stay as close to Al's original as possible within the circumstances.
Oh, and to satisfy Mark's curiosity & cobbled together a different solo from the phrases available in the other two sections that are the same (verses).
All Night Tears V3
A little more tweaking and, since I was about it I temporarily replaced the bass with my own part. Not as busy, not as fretless and toppy, (though BIAB described it as finger played), just becasue I felt like it. Normally I'd have played the chop guitar but after the time editing I'll leave that alone. I'll probably ditch my bass tomorrow.
ANTears Bass Replace

Lyrics
You look as though you've faced a 1000 fears,
Your eyes are red,
Your nose is too.
Tell me what they did to you.
For you to flood with all night tears.

Chorus
It's black and white what's gone on tonight
It's black n blue what's been done to you
It's back to back
& blow by blow
Home is the last place you should go.

V2
It's plain to see what happened to you
The narcissist beat a fresh tattoo
Don't light a match
The gas is strong
It doesn't matter baby
It's not you who's wrong
Just weeks ago was wedding party cheers
A honeymoon a brand new life
Bad jokes about trouble & strife
Now love's drowning in all night tears.

Chorus
It's back to back
& blow by blow
It's not a life that you should know.

Chorus
It's back to back
& blow by blow

Last edited by rayc; 03/24/23 06:09 PM.

Cheers
rayc
"What's so funny about peace, love & understanding?" - N.Lowe
User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Hi Ray,

She sure has a lovely voice.

The best part for me is the harmony part at the end of the verses/choruses - spot on!

A few suggestions to improve what is potentially a very good blues:

1. Drop the lead guitar way in the background on the verses - it's not required and distracting from the lovely vocals.

2. Vocals in the verses need to be quite a bit louder. Plus some of the notes need manual volume editing.

3. Needs a bit of a tidy up with some vocal phrases out of time and a bit pitchy.

4. Could do with a guitar playing the offbeat only to augment the snare in the verses but this may not be possible given you are editing a finished instrumental song.

Most promising Blues and well worth spending a lot of time on it.

Look forward to hearing version 2.

Best Regards
Nigel

Nigel Spiers
Christchurch, New Zealand
info@nzacoustics.com
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hi Ray,

I remember this one from Al. I love minor key blues, probably my favorite thing actually.

I really like her voice, and I like the lyric she wrote too. It needs to be louder in the mix though.

The way I approach lead guitar with a vocal, most of the time the lead guitar should be doing fills around the vocal, not soloing while she is singing for my tastes. It needs to compliment the vocal, the call and response thing, not compete with it.

Towards the end it's ok for them to both play at the same time, just like the way you have it now.

You have the start of a top notch minor key blues song, looking forward to hearing where it goes.

Last edited by BlueAttitude; 03/22/23 12:44 AM.
User Showcase
rayc Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Thanks Nigel,
I've copied those suggestions and will apply each for a remix/repost tomorrow.
Thanks Dave,
I'll work on that. I'm trying to retain as much of the lead as I can because it was the lead & melodic instrument in the original version. Rather like the pedal steel part in the country ballad he and I did based on his instrumental.

Cheers
rayc
User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Hi Al, Ray and Alison.
This is smoothly done and well sung.
I have one suggestion as Verse 1 has a different rhyme structure to Verse 2.

Perhaps change it to:
"You look as though you've faced a 1000 fears,
Your eyes are red. Your nose is too.
And now you flood with all night tears.
Tell me what they did to you."

Vic

User Showcase
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
Ray,
Pretty cool stuff! A very good start. Good drive, composition, vocals(!), phrasing, bass all good. Mix balance of all instruments is fine but..

Dave said it better than I would about the lead guitar. So I +1 on his comment. What distracts me the most is that metallic bell sound ringing that is present throughout the tune. The "after touch" tail, not the "hit". I hope I am describing it clearly. In any case, good effort. Thank you for sharing.

Misha.

User Showcase
Expert
Expert
I remember that song. You added a pretty cool lyric that kinda reminds me of my Abused song.

As for the production/arrangement, I agree with Dave, call/response would work VERY well in such a slow song.

I would probably double the guitar and put it L/R to frame the (really great) vocals, but that's just a personal preference of mine.
Lots of potential.

Making bits and bytes sound good...

Goldmania Bella - A One-Man Girlband with no fans
Listen on Spotify
Watch on YouTube
User Showcase
rayc Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: vicarn
Hi Al, Ray and Alison.
This is smoothly done and well sung.
I have one suggestion as Verse 1 has a different rhyme structure to Verse 2.

Perhaps change it to:
"You look as though you've faced a 1000 fears,
Your eyes are red. Your nose is too.
And now you flood with all night tears.
Tell me what they did to you."

Vic

Thanks Vic,
Actually the rhyming scheme is the same - it's the 2nd half of V2 & that is in line with where V1 starts in the progression.

Cheers
rayc
User Showcase
rayc Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Rustyspoon#
Ray,
Pretty cool stuff! A very good start. Good drive, composition, vocals(!), phrasing, bass all good. Mix balance of all instruments is fine but..
Dave said it better than I would about the lead guitar. So I +1 on his comment. What distracts me the most is that metallic bell sound ringing that is present throughout the tune. The "after touch" tail, not the "hit". I hope I am describing it clearly. In any case, good effort. Thank you for sharing.
Misha.

Thanks Misha,
I'll look into the annoyance factor - probably the delay on the guitar.

Cheers
rayc
User Showcase
rayc Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: B.D.Thomas
I remember that song. You added a pretty cool lyric that kinda reminds me of my Abused song.

As for the production/arrangement, I agree with Dave, call/response would work VERY well in such a slow song.

I would probably double the guitar and put it L/R to frame the (really great) vocals, but that's just a personal preference of mine.
Lots of potential.

Thanks B.D.T.,
I'm incline to keep the song sparse at present but will attempt your suggestion & decide from there.

Cheers
rayc
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hey Ray.... Man that is the best thing I have heard from you. Really nice.

My production critique is....

Loved the guitar. But as others have said, pull your faders down completely in the verses and choruses. A few strategic fills are fine. Instead of a guitar, use the Hammond B3 real track number 686 and let THAT float under the vox. Let the guitar rip on the solo.
Maybe bump up the vox a bit.

Other than that...loved it

You can find my music at:
www.herbhartley.com
Add nothing that adds nothing to the music.
You can make excuses or you can make progress but not both.

The magic you are looking for is in the work you are avoiding.
User Showcase
rayc Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Guitarhacker
Loved the guitar. But as others have said, pull your faders down completely in the verses and choruses. A few strategic fills are fine. Instead of a guitar, use the Hammond B3 real track number 686 and let THAT float under the vox. Let the guitar rip on the solo.

Thanks GH,
The new mix has the guitar reduced.
I'm trying to stick to Al's original arrangement/instrumentation.
A B3 is something I use on almost every track but, for the above reason, I've not dragged it in.
I'm trying, also, to stick with Janice & Bud's mantra of simplicity while attempt to stay true to Al's base.
I will, however, do as you suggested for the fun of listening.

Cheers
rayc
User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Ray, don't mind if I jump in here, having just listened to V2.

I had the same reaction as others to V1, that the guitar soloing directly against the voice was competing for attention to the detriment of both fine parts. This is effectively addressed by V2. Thoughts on that:

1) The mixed-down guitar still commands attention as a lead instrument, even at a reduced volume (this struck me as particularly true for the very first mixed-down note.) There are times, I think, where silencing the guitar completely would really be the best way to support the vocal — but you don't want to sacrifice that guitar material.

2) The main guitar solo, now dramatically highlighted by increased volume, is fairly sparse, and not necessarily the best section of the overall instrumental piece. There are, I think, more interesting parts that are now subordinated to the voice that the listener might wish they could hear by themselves, at full volume.

3) A way to address both (1) and (2) would be to relocate some of the "background" soloing by moving it in time to play along with that main solo. Construct a virtual duet by overlaying passages from various points in the song onto the solo. The repeated chord progression should provide plenty of candidate material for "promotion" to "Virtual Second Lead Guitar".

This might be completely out of line with your approach to this project as a treatment of the original recording, but I would have fun experimenting with that kind of cut-n-paste editing of the solo onto itself.

Anyway, I'm enjoying following this work in progress and look forward to its next incarnation.

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: rayc
Originally Posted By: Guitarhacker

Thanks GH,
The new mix has the guitar reduced.
I'm trying to stick to Al's original arrangement/instrumentation.
A B3 is something I use on almost every track but, for the above reason, I've not dragged it in.
I'm trying, also, to stick with Janice & Bud's mantra of simplicity while attempt to stay true to Al's base.
I will, however, do as you suggested for the fun of listening.

One way to really clean up a mix is to use aggressive fader control. Totally remove unnecessary things from the mix. Don't let them linger and clutter it up. In the verses.... nothing but rhythm and strategic fills. I get the whole thing about being faithful to what came before.... but when you added vocals, and they are so good, everything that came before was now up for serious editing.

Again.... just my opinion.

You can find my music at:
www.herbhartley.com
Add nothing that adds nothing to the music.
You can make excuses or you can make progress but not both.

The magic you are looking for is in the work you are avoiding.
User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Hi Ray,

I think your getting closer with Mix 2.

A few suggestions:

1.Leave electric piano out of Introduction and first Verse and Chorus. Then bring it in the second and subsequent verses - to give the song some build. Maybe a touch more reverb/delay on the piano.

2. Choruses - add a ride cymbal to give them a bit more energy. Ride Cymbal should also be in the guitar solo section. I just grab a ride hit from the Internet and paste it in. Time consuming but works a treat and definitely worth it if you are working on a quality song.

3. Yes I agree with others - either drop the lead guitar fills altogether or bring them up in volume significantly and take all that extremely long reverb off them. I would drop them altogether - there's plenty of action from the bass to support the singer.

4. Guitar fills - normally start a full or half beat after a vocal phrase and meld into the next vocal phrase. Don't leave a gap between the end of each fill and the vocals. Otherwise the song doesn't flow.

5. Guitar Intro and Solo - I don't mind a sparse solo and there are plenty of effects on the guitar to fill in all the spaces.

6. Vocal volume in verses - much better but a few notes disappear so they may need manual volume editing (not compression). Plus they still may be a touch quiet.

7. Vocals in the choruses - excellent and right volume also. A few manual edits in timing and note volume may be required.

Sounding Good - Keep up the good work.

Best Regards
Nigel

Nigel Spiers
Christchurch, New Zealand
info@nzacoustics.com
User Showcase
rayc Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Thanks Nigel,
I've made some more adjustments and added bass.

Cheers
rayc
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hi, Ray, Al & Alison !

What a fine collab on
this haunting tune !
I like it much - in fact
everything about it !

Cheers
Dani

User Showcase
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
Ray,
I don't know which is better V3 or replaced bass. Really, both sound good. V3 has more interesting passages, while "replaced" is more bold.
That "bell" sound I was talking about seems from elec. piano. I am surprised no one mentioned it, as some comments are very deep. Probably it's the difference in our hearing, as I can hear it still pretty dominants in V3.

In any case, love the tune. A+ colab!

Misha.

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Love the sound of that first bass, too, Ray. WOW, this is such a brilliant next-level to an already terrific tune. I love the way you kept Al in there. SO sweet --the guitar, I mean... well, you, too. After listening to the first one, I went back to hear Al's original. SO good. Then came back to hear the last version for a truer experience. I now thank myself. Yes! Your bass is much more to the feel. Dang, that guitar sounds so good. Allison was an outstanding choice for the cool-lab. The perfect melody and passion. Hoping for more.

Enjoy whatever happens!
marty

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/@babumusic51
SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/marty-straub
and https://soundcloud.com/babumusic-5080285
Band in a Box, Reaper, Cakewalk, Ozone 11
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Well, Alison sounds great! We remember her fine cello performance on one of your previous songs too.

Her lead and harmony vocals portray the sad, sad story in a manner that reflects the heroine’s pain and yet also her strength. And the powerful lyric certainly sets up the stage for that.

The band ...
Well, thanks for the mention of our sparse arrangements and, man, you've gotten a boatload of responses regarding the mix so we'll just kick back and see what happens. smile

Having blathered that smile we do like what you've done with it and the most recent version sets up a nice soundstage indeed for this minimalist production couple!

J&B

User Showcase
rayc Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Rustyspoon#
Ray,
I don't know which is better V3 or replaced bass. Really, both sound good. V3 has more interesting passages, while "replaced" is more bold.
That "bell" sound I was talking about seems from elec. piano. I am surprised no one mentioned it, as some comments are very deep. Probably it's the difference in our hearing, as I can hear it still pretty dominants in V3.

In any case, love the tune. A+ colab!

Misha.

Hello Misha,
I did do some surgical EQ work on the el piano...they had a really pronounced attack that involved a simulation of the tynes being hit on a Rhodes. I thought that was what you'd referred to. There was way too much of that and I had to do some deep cuts in the upper mids to reduce that. I'll have another look & listen to the bell sound which is part & parcel of a Rhodes, ( I had one for a few years in the 90s), and suss out if I can mellow it.

Cheers
rayc
User Showcase
rayc Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: dani48
Hi, Ray, Al & Alison !

What a fine collab on
this haunting tune !
I like it much - in fact
everything about it !

Cheers
Dani

Thanks Dani,
you're very kind, as ever.

Cheers
rayc
User Showcase
rayc Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: BabuMusic
Love the sound of that first bass, too, Ray. WOW, this is such a brilliant next-level to an already terrific tune. I love the way you kept Al in there. SO sweet --the guitar, I mean... well, you, too. After listening to the first one, I went back to hear Al's original. SO good. Then came back to hear the last version for a truer experience. I now thank myself. Yes! Your bass is much more to the feel. Dang, that guitar sounds so good. Allison was an outstanding choice for the cool-lab. The perfect melody and passion. Hoping for more.

Thanks Marty,
the restless fretless bass in the original is really cool - not very "blues" but a great pick by Alan.
I think Al has an even better version of the guitar that he spent significant time & energy tweaking. Hope fully I'll get my hands on that.
I wanted to play bass just becasue I wanted to play along. I'll not be unhappy if it gets dumped in the final anALysis.

Cheers
rayc
User Showcase
rayc Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
Well, Alison sounds great! We remember her fine cello performance on one of your previous songs too.

Her lead and harmony vocals portray the sad, sad story in a manner that reflects the heroine’s pain and yet also her strength. And the powerful lyric certainly sets up the stage for that.

The band ...
Well, thanks for the mention of our sparse arrangements and, man, you've gotten a boatload of responses regarding the mix so we'll just kick back and see what happens. smile

Having blathered that smile we do like what you've done with it and the most recent version sets up a nice soundstage indeed for this minimalist production couple!

J&B

Thank you,
I listened to both TBIN & a mix of Emerald to remind myself of the need for restraint.
If nothing else this has been an exercise in whittling rather than modelling, based on those two songs, while retaining as much Alan as possible.

Cheers
rayc
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
rayc,

I don't know if the lyrics come first or the song comes first, but I think it's a very nice minor blues that fits Al's chord progression perfectly.
Vocals are also very nice. The harmonies are also great.
It's a little surprising that this melody comes out from the cellist.
I've listened to V3 and I think the mix is also very good.
Enjoyed my listen a lot.

Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi

User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Hi Rayc,

Nice atmosphere with nostalgic lyrics. The guitar has its place with a talented singer. Well done

Kindly regard
Derochette
alias
JaniJackFlash

Kindly regards
Derochette
alias JaniJackFlash
User Showcase
rayc Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Derochette
Hi Rayc,

Nice atmosphere with nostalgic lyrics. The guitar has its place with a talented singer. Well done

Kindly regard
Derochette
alias
JaniJackFlash

Thanks JJJ,
I do hope that not too many folk are nostalgic regarding this topic though.

Cheers
rayc
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Ray / Alan / Alison,

This is great... A finely tuned moody dark piece. Love the production as well.

Bob

User Showcase
rayc Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: rsdean
Ray / Alan / Alison,
This is great... A finely tuned moody dark piece. Love the production as well.
Bob

Thanks Bob!

Cheers
rayc
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: rayc
Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud

The band ...

J&B

Thank you,
I listened to both TBIN & a mix of Emerald to remind myself of the need for restraint.
If nothing else this has been an exercise in whittling rather than modelling, based on those two songs, while retaining as much Alan as possible.

Yep, that old axiom: perfection is not when there’s nothing left to add but rather when there’s nothing left to take away.

Bud

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
I listened to the latest version posted. All sounds good, but my ears are not the best except for basic mixing.

Vocal sounds good. I wouldn't touch it with pitch correction. That would remove some of the character from her voice and performance.

I like what you two did with Al's piece. Love the melody and the vocal.

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Ray and Alison,

Alan has a treasure trove of high quality instrumentals he has posted here! You certainly picked a good one! Your treatment of this one is spot on! Alison's vocal work really fits this well she has a wonderful voice! I think this will get Alan's proud approval! I was only able to check out version 1. The second link had a message that it had been removed! This only thing I noticed was a pretty big volume drop in the backing shortly before the vocals came in! Sounds like a great track to me!

Thanks, TB

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hi Ray,

I fear I am a little late to be of any use on this project of yours.
But I want to say you did a very good job with how you can let your listeners (we, the others on this forum) participate in the best result of that project.
And it's nice to see how many were giving you advise and how you handled that advice. I liked that a lot. It's another way of 'using' a forum.

Having said that, I wasn't there. Sorry for that. Although, given the advises you got, my assistance wasn't needed.
I listened to the result of this all. At least, I think I did. All versions on your fist page could not be found. But I found: 'MST All Night Tears by A David, A Reynolds & r cochrane' and listened to that one. I read all the tips from everyone here and that's why I think the song I listened to was the result of all that.
No loud guitar solos'while she sang etc.

And I loved that result. A very impressing song, very good vocals and man, it's amazing what atmosphere (or tension?) was built up with this song. Beautiful!

But if I might have listened to an older version of the song, it's still a great one.
Thanks to you, Alan, Alison and all the folks around here.

Hans

Hans Berkhout
(Birchwood)
https://soundcloud.com/user-296497130
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
User Video: Band-in-a-Box® + ChatGPT = Impressed the BOSS!

Since AI is now readily available online as a resource for many things, we recently put together and shared a video where we demonstrated how to create a song using Band-in-a-Box®, ChatGPT, and Synth V; we've also shared a Bob Doyle Media video, Convert MIDI Chords into AI Vocal Harmonies with ACE Studio and Band in A Box, showing how they utilize AI for their song projects. Now it's time to share Henry's video, Band-in-a-Box + ChatGPT = Impressed the BOSS!, where he demonstrates how to use ChatGPT and Band-in-a-Box to whip a song project together in only 3-4 hours.

Watch the video.

Visit Henry Clarke's YouTube Channel, Henry Clarke - Senior Musicians Unite, to find a large collection of tutorials showing the viewer how to achieve amazing results using Band-in-a-Box®!

Band-in-a-Box User Video Tutorials!

If you've reviewed our Support page, you've probably noticed the Videos page, which separates our Band-in-a-Box® tutorial videos by category: Overview, VST DAW Plugin, Setup, Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced, and there's even an Archive category to go down memory lane... (You'll also find these videos on our YouTube Channel.)

It's always great to hear how other Band-in-a-Box® users create their songs, especially when they explain in detail what they're doing. Like Henry Clarke's YouTube Channel, Henry Clarke - Senior Musicians Unite! There you'll find his ALL Band-in-a-Box Tutorials playlist with over 50 videos! His top-three most watched videos include "How to Get Started with Band-in-a-Box," "How I use the Audio Chord Wizard in Band-in-a-Box," and "How to Create An Effective Solo Using Band-in-a-Box" - however he touches on many other topics and also demonstrates his own Band-in-a-Box® songs in the Band-in-a-Box Created Songs playlist!

You're guaranteed to find some helpful videos when you visit Henry Clarke's channel!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Italian for Windows is Here!

Ci siamo dati da fare e abbiamo aggiunto oltre 50 nuove funzionalità e una straordinaria raccolta di nuovi contenuti, tra cui 222 RealTracks, nuovi RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, "Songs with Vocals" Artist Performance Sets, Playable RealTracks Set 3, Playable RealDrums Set 2, due nuovi set di "RealDrums Stems", XPro Styles PAK 6, Xtra Styles PAK 17 e altro ancora!

Tutti Pacchetti | Nuove Caratteristiche

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 French for Windows is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 apporte plus de 50 fonctions nouvelles ainsi qu'une importante de contenus nouveaux à savoir : 222 RealTracks, des RealStyles nouveaux, des SuperTracks MIDI, des Etudes d'Instruments, des Prestations d'Artistes, des "Morceaux avec Choeurs", un Set 3 de Tracks Jouables, un Set 2 de RealDrums Jouables, deux nouveaux Sets de "RealDrums Stems", des Styles XPro PAK 6, des Xtra Styles PAK 17 et bien plus encore!

Tous Packages | Nouvelles Fonctionnalités

Video: Making a Song with Band-in-a-Box®, ChatGPT, and Synth V

Take your Band-in-a-Box® project to a whole new level when you incorporate ChatGPT and Synth V to add lyrics and vocals to your song!

We wanted to demonstrate how this is done with our video, where we show you how to go from nothing to a finished "radio ready" modern pop song by combining the features of Band-in-a-Box®, ChatGPT, and Synth V!

Listen to the finished song, so you get a listen to the finished product: https://demos.pgmusic.com/misc/behindthefame.m4a

If you like it, watch the video. Either way, let's hear your comments!

Henry Clarke: Revolutionize Your Band-in-Box® Tracks with Regenerating Function

One of the new features added with Band-in-Box® 2024 is the Tracks Window, which will look familiar if you've worked with other DAWs.

Henry Clarke explains why he loves the Re-generation function within the Tracks Window in their video Revolutionize Your Band-in-Box® Tracks with Regenerating Function.

Watch video.

Learn even more about what the Tracks Window can do with our video Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Tracks Window.

User Video: Convert MIDI Chords into AI Vocal Harmonies with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box®

The Bob Doyle Media YouTube channel is known for demonstrating how you can creatively incorporate AI into your projects - from your song projects to avatar building to face swapping, and more!

His latest video, Convert MIDI Chords into AI Vocal Harmonies with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box, he explains in detail how you can use the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box with ACE Studio. Follow along as he goes from "nothing" to "something" with his Band-in-a-Box MIDI Melodist track, using ACE Studio to turn it into a vocal track (or tracks, you'll see) by adding lyrics for those notes that will trigger some amazing AI vocals!

Watch: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box

Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics81,925
Posts739,787
Members38,646
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
JazzMan01, kssyblls01, maxtern, 1Oleg1, Delta 8 Austin
38,645 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)