I like Mário's humor and at the same time how he stands up for himself, and as a lyricist I wrote lyrics for professional bands in our small country, so I should stand on the other side of Mário. But I don't stand elsewhere and agree with Mario that the song has melody, harmony and rhythm. It is defined that way and it comes from many years of experience and not from one head. And both lyrics and a song without lyrics can exist independently and thus be useful independently. But a good song is created in the cooperation of text and music and in the interplay of both. Both forms help each other in several of their parameters, and for example, let's name two that are among the most important, if we leave out the content of the text and the musical style of the song. And that is the sonority of the text and for the music the dynamics (not included in the definition of the song), in which interplay is what should work. And what else is applied to make the song as good as possible. It starts with the arrangement and then comes the professional sound and the better the performer the better and at the same time the band and much more. And finally, a song has to be lucky beyond just entering the world at the right time in the right place. My experience when listening to the charts is that my favorite song drops out prematurely at, say, the sixtieth place and then I never hear it again. What I wrote is not my wisdom, but I just summarized what I have collected in my life. I am 72 years old and have been playing guitar since I was 10 years old. Due to health reasons, I stopped playing the guitar and I am grateful to the music software that I can continue to play music, especially the software from PGMUSIC, with which I start when creating songs and which I return to when improving songs. As a lyricist I worked with professional bands from our Czech Republic, but as a musician I feel like an amateur and I don't make a living from music, but music is the spiritual delicacy of my retired life. My texts and my music are registered - the copyright protection association "Ochranný Svaz Autorský- OSA", which represents me, and we probably have it easier than many places around the world. I don't care what I start with, whether it's music or text, and often it was created at the same time and in different ways and procedures. I learned to arrange, but with the sound I go to the studio with a friend - a professional sound engineer. I appreciate my gifts of singing, writing, composing and arranging, but there are enough better singers, lyricists, composers and arrangers than me in our country, let alone in the whole world. However, it doesn't matter to me as an amateur, I always have someone to learn from. I apologize for using Google translator to translate from Czech to English, because I don't speak English well and it may happen that I miss something from Mario's good humor.

Last edited by Gause Zdenek; 06/17/23 06:14 AM.

BIAB 2023,RB 2023,PTA 2023,Windows 11,Studio One PRO 5.52,Melodyne Studio 5.3.1,Sibelius 8.4.1,Acoustica 7.4.14,Notion 6,Progression 3,Harmony Assistant 9.9.5c,RX9,Ripx DeepAudio 6.4.0,Kontakt 6.8.0,DeCoda 1.3.0,Synthesizer V Studio Pro 1.90 a další.