Well said Billy. A few years back I was using a product called Multitrackstudios, It is still around today. I used it then because it was perfect for my needs at the time. I will say it tracked simple projects far easier than anything else I tried at the time. It treats audio and midi the same when it comes to FX. Very analog approach but fully digital. I moved on when I started really using BiaB. That’s when I started with studio one because I got the Artist version with my interface. It is a great DAW. I also used Realband a lot along then because I was doing live shows on street jelly each week and playing for small gatherings. I made backing tracks in Realband and used the jukebox to play them. I now use Jamzone if I play for a audience. So my needs changed again.

I love Studio one, Cakewalk, Realband, Reaper, and now Mixbus is tickling my fancy. At the heart of most projects is BiaB and the BiaB plugin. I know some don’t like the plugin but for me it flat out gets stuff done quick and easy. It lets me put RTs in my projects super easy. I can’t imagine how long projects would take if I had to go back and create them with midi or by playing them.

The first collaboration I did with a friend a few years back I actually played the drum track on my computer keyboard! Sure is easy to grab an RD track, or grab the midi file and send it through EZDrummer.

Lenovo Win 10 16 gig ram, Mac mini with 16 gig of ram, BiaB 2022, Realband, Harrison Mixbus 32c version 9.1324, Melodyne 5 editor, Presonus Audiobox 1818VSL, Presonus control app, Komplete 49 key controller.