I really don't know how to define the point where software becomes Artificial Intelligence.

Intelligence has been defined in many ways: the capacity for abstraction, logic, understanding, self-awareness, learning, emotional knowledge, reasoning, planning, creativity, critical thinking, and problem-solving. It can be described as the ability to perceive or infer information; and to retain it as knowledge to be applied to adaptive behaviors within an environment or context.

Which of these does AI need to become the I in AI?

------

I'm waiting for AI to become self-aware, and have self-preservation instincts like some sci-fi novels/movies.

When it will fight you in its own way if you try to unplug it.

And also have original ideas that were in no way entered by humans.

Then I'll consider it truly intelligent. Perhaps, not “Artificial” anymore.

------

I agree with Eddie here, if you can make another great symphony, or have Sinatra sing a new song, or have Stan Getz interpret Costello's “Almost Blue”, why not? But I do believe that some label should be added so that it gives credit to the AI as well.

Will it be as good as if Getz came back to life and played “Almost Blue”? That's a meaningless question. BTW, Chet Baker did a real nice job of that song

If I like it, I like it, if I don't perhaps someone else will.

Someday, AI might take my job as a musician/entertainer away. But I suspect in my case, old age will do that first, so I'm going to gig as much as I can, when I can, for as long as I can. It's the most fun I can have with my clothes on.

Insights and incites by Notes ♫

Bob "Notes" Norton smile Norton Music
https://www.nortonmusic.com

100% MIDI Super-Styles recorded by live, pro, studio musicians for a live groove
& Fake Disks for MIDI and/or RealTracks