Originally Posted by bloc-head
Thanks DrDan... anyone else with experience or insight into these composition/production tools?

I will embellish a little on Dan's response:
1-Toontracks also make EZMix: a mix and mastering program
2-Each Toontrack product has additional add-ons that you can purchase, as Dan indicate it can get expensive.
3-EZKeys2 is not just dedicated to piano or keyboards. One can apply an EZKey2 track to any sound. I have used piano tracks from EZKeys2 and used a full string orchestra as my sound source. I also have imported MIDI string grooves into the user option of EZKeys2. You can combine them with EZKeys 2 groves to power a Kontakt string section, or any other section; I have used brass sound sources also.

As Dan said it is all MIDI so you can edit those tracks to your hearts content.

I like to take the Utility track from BiaB, bring it into EZKeys2, then use EXKeys2 grooves to change said track. Then I bring that modified track back into BiaB. There are a number of options when using both programs together.

As suggested look at the videos to get a better view of what Toontrack packages can do. I should say that I have EZKeys2 and EZMix only, thus I can not comment on the other available software.

I hope this helps.

You know you're getting old when a recliner and a heating pad is your idea of a hot date!

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware