Originally Posted by Joseph Land
I keep a full room humidifier in the room for acoustic instruments but it had been off for a few hours and with the heat on, the humidity dropped to a dangerous level.
This can be an expensive problem during the Winter in cold climates as you are unfortunately finding out.

I like a "belt and suspenders" approach intended to prevent dry skin and in the bargain we've never had an ESD electronics failure.

Our first line of defense is a 5.6 gallon AirCare humidifier. I don't trust the adjustable humidistat for "automatic control" so it runs on a low fan speed continuously 24/7 in the Winter.

Our second line of defense is 2 stainless steel pots maintained with water that live on top of the wood stove. The hotter the stove, the higher the moisture output. This automatic control I trust.

The third line of defense is a small Honeywell cool mist humidifier suitable for a single room.

Years ago I figured out the one-time adjustments for all 3 for zero condensation on the windows.

https://soundcloud.com/user-646279677
BiaB 2024 Windows
For me there’s no better place in the band than to have one leg in the harmony world and the other in the percussive. Thank you Paul Tutmarc and Leo Fender.