(just posting this as the first post in rb forum celebrating with my new eyesight im ecstatic with the surgeons. apologies but im over the moon. )

anyway a music producer once told me if you want to do songs be prepared to get down into the muck and dig deep into any song creation tool. the guy was exemplary.

any daw ive used was lots of work to ge into.
so rb isnt the only daw where a user must be prepared to dig deep.
i am posting this cos i dont want potential new rb users reading this thread to think. hmm not going to try rb because it sounds complex. which would be sad as there are various things that make rb unique over other products. is it perfect ? nope but nothing else ive tried is either. I'm just trying to be fair.
now rb has 256 tracks and its free and lets remember beatles did their hits on 3 or 4 track recorders eg studer j 37's in studios like abbey costing millions. we are spoilt today by comparison.

after many years and doing a slew of songs with pg rb/biab and another daw i use all i'll say is songs are a load of work hours on end no matter the tool used.
even now i discover things in biab/rb and the other daw i use.
And i also discover new ways to use the pg fx .
i often wonder if users dismiss the pg fx like rb because they are free. the three songs in my sig used only pg fx and ive had only likes so far from 'the normal music consumer'.
who knows why. i just try my best.

i am just very happy to see some of my suggestions be in 2024. some have suggested i am biased towards rb. so be it. Is rb work ? sure. but so are any tools. all i can say is ive never had even one problem with rb with my audio interface.
(same for biab).

viva la rb lol.
keep making music.

om

Last edited by justanoldmuso; 03/09/24 01:36 PM.

New Song "PRETTY GIRL" for my wife...Dec 2023
(my vocs....mixed for good earbuds.)
https://soundcloud.com/alfsongs/prettygirlrbfinalcalfsongsdec2023mp3
(and rock song THE STALLION and bluegrass song... BANKER MAN....90 songs useing bb/rb.)